Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Help needed with comp routine

Ally

hi there

I have my first compertition in September. Everything is going well for it appart from my routine. I have a good starting part which is slow but i need a faster paced routine for the other half, i was wondering if any of you girls could recommend any good poses

Any suggestion much appriciated.

I'm not all that familiar w/ figure comps (did bb myself) - if I assume its pretty much the same as bb w/o the muscle part - the morning pre-judging consists of the mandatory poses, symmetry round, etc. and then you do your routine w/o music or something like that? I've found that the easiest way to provide the judges with what they need for the 60 sec part in the pre-judging is to do all the mandatories - maybe with some artistic flourishes or something - but at least in the comps I've seen - the people who just do their evening 60 sec routine w/o the music just end up looking stupid. Either just go through the mandatories w/ nice transitions or simplify your night routine so that mostly the mandatories are addressed. If you are still building your 60 sec routine. pick the poses that accentuate your best features and maybe pick a couple nice combinations for faster pace - like front doube bi to side chest to side tri and then do the same thing on the other side. For my last comp, my trainer put together this great routine that had mirrored poses and also cycled through all the mandatories on both sides.

Good luck - and also do combinations that feel comfortable to you - sometimes if it doesn't feel right or is akward you might just end up falling over ! LOL! I almost did that in my first comp.!

Figure is just like fitness, minus the routine...you just do 1/4 turns for pre-judging and finals. Pre-judging is 2 piece, finals is 1 piece. There are no poses like bodybuilding or music routines, just simple 1/4 turns, and SMILE!

Top Bottom