Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Have you ever been profoundly impacted by a song?

D

Debaser

Please don't move this to the music forum, there is 0 participation there.

Music is one of my primary interests in life. Hell, my username is a Pixies song and my avatar the cover of "Loveless," (by My Bloody Valentine) if that's a hint. With the sheer quantity of albums I listen to, I often find songs that I can identify with or am impacted by in a certain way. For those of you that don't sift through the myriad of indie-rock out there, you're missing out on some sheer musical genius.

I recently came across a band called The Microphones. The title track of their album, "The Glow, part 2" is breathtaking. Midway through, this incredible layered organ piece surfaces, and he emotes:

"I faced death. I went in with my arms swinging. But I heard my own breath, and had to face that I'm still living. I'm still flesh. I hold on to awful feelings. I'm not dead. There's no end. My face is red, my blood flows harshly. My heart beats loudly. My chest still draws breath. I hold it. I'm buoyant. There's no end."

I was really stricken by this song. Download it off Limewire, see if you agree.

Madonna's "like a virgin" had a huge impact on me(mostly in my pants). Thats when I realized what the birds and the bees are about. :)

There was one song that impacted me when i was at my lowest and helped me get through it when i least expected it to. Whenever i would start to break down i would put the cd in and look over the book that came with the cd ; and that was my tool i used to stay sober. Now i have been fine for a little over two years.

But for the life of me i cant remember the name of the song right now. I have been so busy i havent thought about it for a long time.

I personally think that November Rain was the greatest song of the 90's when I was growing up. Don't Cry was also very good. But overall, I would be hard-pressed to think of a song that had a deep impact on me; song songs could bring tears to my eyes if I heard them during a certain time. There is one song I learned on the piano that choked me up when I first played through it(Nocturne-Billy Joel). Some of the best guitar playing in any song, as far as mood goes, is Brothers in Arms by Dire Straits. It doesn't affect me personally but it's one of the prettiest rock songs I've heard. I've also listened to a lot of Tom Petty growing up. His songs Wake-up Time and One More Night stick out to me as being a couple of his best ballads, and the type of songs that can tap my soul.

Every time I turn on the radio and find music that I like, it profoundly affects me. I love music.

blue oyster cult - don't fear the reaper

i have a lesser fear of dying because of this song

music to me is more of an experience than a life altering event. it's about that moment i'm experiencing the music and how it shapes your mood/feelings

D.O.A. Scared the shit out of me when I was a little kid.

Now Barney songs are more controversial.

But at the time........

"Afternoon Delight"

I have "Starland Vocal Band" tattooed on my right shoulder.

Top Bottom