Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hanoi Jane - Is all this true??

Check out www.urbanlegends.about.com! The Jane Fonda story is up there on the list of the top 25 -- right next to the one about Walmart allegedly making its employees cough up the money for the US flag flying at the stores.

It's amazing how people can get worked up about haff truths. Half of the Fonda story appears to be true -- but apparently the worse half is not. BTW urban legends is a real interesting site to visit whenever this one is slow or down.

The Nature Boy said:
ok, the question here is:

is she any better or worse than those who protested, avoided the draft by going to canada, or burned thier draft cards?

because of her 3 fucking people were beaten to death! what the fuck?

p0ink said:

because of her 3 fucking people were beaten to death! what the fuck?

Lets face it.. as long as we contine to hold her to the level of fresh pig shit.. our kids will remember why she is the enemy of humanity.. her and Hillary Clinton.

dballer said:

Lets face it.. as long as we contine to hold her to the level of fresh pig shit.. our kids will remember why she is the enemy of humanity.. her and Hillary Clinton.

as vile and nauseating as fonda is, she is Mother Theresa compared to hillary rodham.

ryanh,

i bet you are one of those fucked up people that think that communism is a good idea and that the only reason it failed was because we didnt try it. it must have been a real bummer when your old friend, gorvechaf (i have no clue how to spell his name) even announced that communism was a failure and that it was all based on propaganda.

p0ink said:
ryanh,

i bet you are one of those fucked up people that think that communism is a good idea and that the only reason it failed was because we didnt try it. it must have been a real bummer when your old friend, gorvechaf (i have no clue how to spell his name) even announced that communism was a failure and that it was all based on propaganda.

there are 3 types of people that support communism:

1) overprivelaged idealists who believe in Utopia.
2) the poor, seeing it as a way to steal from the rich.
3) elitists who think they are superior to everyone else and therefore should be in a position to dictate the lives of the common folk (while naturally not themselves being subject to the same rules because of their superiority).

which one does ryanh fit into? - I'd say 3, but he might just be 1.

Prometheus said:

(excerpt from the article linked to above)

Whether the war was right or wrong, those who risked (and gave) their lives fighting it deserve respect, and for Fonda to brand men who were held captive and tortured as "liars" and "hypocrites" (despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary) in order to defend her political views was and is unpardonable.

Do they deserve respect, or where they a bunch of stupid tools for going, or were they innocent suckers? I can see if it had anything to with the freedom of the USA as a whole, but shit, this was someplace we didn't belong, we had absolutely no point to being there. After seeing movies like Platoon...if that's how a lot of our soldiers turned out to be, I have mixed thoughts of them being total scumbag pieces of shit, but then of course I also have a great amount of pity and understanding towards them, as some just didn't know better and that's what happened to them, they became monsters.

Prometheus said:

Prometheus, did you actually READ the web link you posted? It clearly says that while JF said many fucked up things she did not hand over slips of paper to the VC, therefore she was not responsible for the deaths of POWs in that sense. The Corrigan guy even specifically said the story was false.

That said, she is still a despicable human being and does not deserve to be honored as being a great American. I seriously question Barabara Wlaters' judgement on this one.

JC

JC - I did read it, and saw what you're referring to - you're right. guess I was referring to her visiting the enemy, offering support to them, bad-mouthing US soldiers, etc., which is bad enough for me regardless of whether the paper-handing thing is false or not ...

Top Bottom