Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Guys, if you are still searching for the perfect protein bar..

I hit you up with a free week plat bro. Always good to have members like you around man. We need more like you :)

Thanks a lot!! The new features are pretty sweet and I want to buy a lifetime platinum cause this forum is awesome. Im just a bit tight on the bank right now with all the supps I've bought from you lol. This forum has been probably the most informative place when it comes to my health, you guys are great.

mmmmmm every time a read one of these threads about the bars it makes me wanna go to the fridge and grab one! LOVE em!

PSSSSST you don't know your ass from your elbow bro. PSSSST the better protein bars don't have cain sugar they have all natural sugar from nature that comes from honey if that is what you choice to make them with..

PSSSSTTT Corn sugar is bad for you. Just because they renamed it from high fructos corn syrup to "corn sugar" does not make it any less shitty then it used to be.

I can can hear it now, parents telling other parents: "What, you feed your kids normal sugar? We only let our kid eat sweets sweetened with corn sugar."

Or cereal companies will proudly display: This cereal is made with 100% pure corn sugar. Seriously, the brand cache -- because it has a vegetable in the name, and because it has the word "sugar" -- will be huge

Read more: Renaming High Fructose Corn Syrup As "Corn Sugar" Is A Genius Branding Move

But uts still high fructose corn syrup like it has always been and you fell for it hook line and sinker!!!
Just like every other avg consumer is prob going to. KId I was a chef for 13+ years a dietary aid and a cook in the army for 4 years I have a published cook book and have been studding the subjects of food, label laws and topics around them my whole life.. You really want to go toe to toe with me on this one? Lets do it I will un ban you now because I do feel like moping the floor with your ass.

OK your are un banned please come tango with me bro. I cant wait for this.

Back to your so called healthy corn sugar ( UMMM really high fructose corn syrup renamed to sound health that is!!) God people will fall for anything in a tv commercial lmao

For one you are trying to say corn sugar (aka high fructose corn syrup is the same as natural sugar from cain or even 1/1th as good for you as natural honey sugar// Then you say the better protein bars have to much fat lmao..

OK lets educate you some more and kill two birds with one stone. In order to appreciate just how damaging high fructose corn syrup is to your body, it is crucial to have a basic understanding of how different types of carbohydrates are metabolized. Glucose is the basic fuel for living organisms, and is the primary energy source for your brain. It is a product of photosynthesis and is found in rice, corn and other grains, and bread and pasta. Once you take in glucose from a meal, 80 percent of it is used by all of the organs of your body - every single cell. The remaining 20 percent goes to your liver to be metabolized and stored.

The 20 percent that reaches the liver is converted into glycogen to be stored in the liver. Glycogen is your body’s nontoxic short-term energy storage package, where it can be easily converted to energy when you need it. Your liver has no limit to how much glycogen it can store without detrimental effects. (That is what athletes take advantage of when they “carboload.”) A small amount of pyruvate (for energy) and citrate (as VLDL) is produced. Insulin is produced to process the glucose from the blood stream into the cells. When you consume 120 calories of glucose, less than one calorie contributes to adverse metabolic outcomes.

Ethanol, or ethyl alcohol, (caused when sugar ferments) is the favourite carbohydrate of many. But it is also a carbohydrate that undergoes a very different metabolic process, leaving in its wake a trail of toxins a mile long. Ethanol is an acute central nervous system toxin and must be metabolized almost completely in the liver. But the metabolic process in the liver is quite different from that of glucose. It produces free radicals that damage proteins of the liver, converts to bad cholesterol VLDL, liver inflammation, cirrhosis, fatty liver disease, insulin resistance (which leads to Type 2 diabetes). After a 120-calorie intake of ethanol, a large fraction (about 40 calories) can contribute to disease.

In nearly every way, fructose is metabolized the same way as ethanol, creating the same toxins in your body. When you consume fructose, one hundred percent of it goes directly to your liver to be metabolized. It overloads the liver. It depletes your liver cells of phosphates, produces uric acid which in turn raises blood pressure, produces high cholesterol (bad type), converts into fat cells (belly fat), causes insulin resistance (which leads to Type 2 diabetes) and fatty liver disease, Fructose metabolism is similar to a dose of ethanol (alcohol), a 120-calorie intake of fructose results in a large fraction (again, about 40 calories) that directly contributes to disease.

The point to take away is: consuming fructose is consuming fat. Fructose is not really a carbohydrate - a high fructose diet is a HIGH FAT diet. A high fat diet that creates a vicious cycle of consumption that won’t turn itself off.

You can see by comparing the metabolism of fructose with the metabolism of ethanol that they are very similar. In fact, when you compare the metabolism of 150 calories of soda with 150 calories of beer (a 500ml can of each), about 90 calories reach the liver in either case. Fructose causes most of the same toxic effects as ethanol because both come from sugar fermentation.

Two other studies were done using medical students, both looking at biological responses to fructose loading. In the first, the students were given either a large glucose load or a large fructose load. In the students given fructose, almost 30 percent of the calories ended up as fat. In the students given glucose, almost none ended up as fat. In the second study, medical students were given a high fructose diet for 6 days. In just that short time, their insulin resistance and triglycerides doubled!

BUT WAIT I AM NOT DONE YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I am sure you still think you're smarter then the rest of us so I need to keep pounding you with facts of how little you really do know. YAAAA

Very informative. I was wondering though, in terms of carb loading the night before running a long distance race, does that mean that fruit should be avoided in or around that meal? Or just in general. I have been training for a race in September (half marathon), and have been including some fruit in my diet again. Pineapple, blueberries and apples to be precise. I only eat it in the morning after a run.

Top Bottom