Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Guys, if you are still searching for the perfect protein bar..

Whole foods gives me more satisfaction than a shake or a protein bar for some reason..

bro i spend $700 a month on food FOR JUST ME so i am all for whole foods being the #1 thing, i do not disagree with you.

however if i am on the road its nice to have something healthy to eat like protein bars.. also on the way home from the gym i want something immediately to feed my starving muscles. this is where these bars come through.

bro i spend $700 a month on food FOR JUST ME so i am all for whole foods being the #1 thing, i do not disagree with you.

however if i am on the road its nice to have something healthy to eat like protein bars.. also on the way home from the gym i want something immediately to feed my starving muscles. this is where these bars come through.

Completely agree with you my friend, food is #1.. I was just talking about myslef, cause im not really on the run so i dont need these protein bars, BUT for most people who are busy and need something quick protein bars or shakes are an excellent choice like you stated..

I do not understand how this argument has even gone this far. Reading the labels tells the entire story. I have used nutritional bars my entire life and had the same issues of choking on the damn plastic things, the sugar spikes, etc etc. Needto's are a completely different breed. Bottom line..if I did not like them and did not believe in them you could not pay me enough to say anything about them...

This is a forum. I have the right to state my opinion, like it or not.

If you're the commander of their sales line, sail away in peace as well, nobody is forcing you to get me to buy them. It's simple marketing. Customers don't like being pestered like that, only to find out the product is nothing special.

On this forum especially. :rolleyes:

You're out of your fucking mind if you think soybean oil is more harmful than AAS. You know damn well that soybean oil is not the reason you're buying these bars. You're buying them because you feel some sort of obligation to, since all the other "popular" posters are buying them.

O really??
Lets talk more about this soy protein that is in the bar. All soy based protein bars and every single "pre packed protein bar" for that matter have one thing in common. They all contain an ingredent known as soy lecithin

What is soy lecithin?

In the early 1900***8217;s, the yet to be named ***8217;soy lecithin***8217; was just a waste product produced during the ***8220;degumming***8221; process of soybean oil. By 1908 the soy bean crushing and soy oil refining companies had expanded and they were having trouble disposing of the large amounts of foul smelling, fermenting waste product. Soy plants in Germany decided to name this waste product ***8217;soy lecithin***8217; and looked for ways to utilize it. By 1939 scientists had found more than 1,000 different ways to use soy lecithin.

It***8217;s important to note that solvents are used during the ***8220;degumming***8221; process of soybean oil, so soy lecithin itself is likely to contain chemical solvents

What is the name of the chemical used for the degumming process? Hexane!!!!!

Remember that name Hexane!!

The "natural" soy protein used in protein bars today is bathed in a toxic, explosive chemical solvent known as hexane. Hexane is used to process nearly all conventional soy protein ingredients and edible oils and is prohibited when processing organic foods like that found in Better protein bars.

Hexane is a neurotoxic chemical that poses serious occupational hazards to workers, is an environmental air pollutant, and can contaminate food."

All soy proteins isolate used to make protein bars are made using hexane baths.ALL OF THEM!!! If its in a protein bar, and its soy, it was given a hexane bath!!

Shocker: "Products such as Clif Bars with the label "made with organic oats and soybeans" are required by law to have 70% organic ingredients -- the remaining 30%, however, can legally be hexane extracted. They can also use up to 30% non organic ingredients of any kind and still legally be called organic.
Ya for more label laws and companies sticking it in your ass without you even knowing it!!!!!

Sounds yummy, doesn't it? So, if you're wondering why you rarely see "organic" soy protein bars, this is one of the reasons. Additionally, The soy protein in all protein bars typically comes from genetically modified plants. Even non-genetically modified raw materials may contain small amounts of GMO-parts, claims GMO-Compass.org, because a total separation of conventional and GM soybeans is technically impossible.

For the record hexane,is classified as a neurotoxin by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and a hazardous air pollutant by the Environmental Protection Agency.

O really??
Lets talk more about this soy protein that is in the bar. All soy based protein bars and every single "pre packed protein bar" for that matter have one thing in common. They all contain an ingredent known as soy lecithin

What is soy lecithin?

In the early 1900***8217;s, the yet to be named ***8217;soy lecithin***8217; was just a waste product produced during the ***8220;degumming***8221; process of soybean oil. By 1908 the soy bean crushing and soy oil refining companies had expanded and they were having trouble disposing of the large amounts of foul smelling, fermenting waste product. Soy plants in Germany decided to name this waste product ***8217;soy lecithin***8217; and looked for ways to utilize it. By 1939 scientists had found more than 1,000 different ways to use soy lecithin.

It***8217;s important to note that solvents are used during the ***8220;degumming***8221; process of soybean oil, so soy lecithin itself is likely to contain chemical solvents

What is the name of the chemical used for the degumming process? Hexane!!!!!

Remember that name Hexane!!

The "natural" soy protein used in protein bars today is bathed in a toxic, explosive chemical solvent known as hexane. Hexane is used to process nearly all conventional soy protein ingredients and edible oils and is prohibited when processing organic foods like that found in Better protein bars.

Hexane is a neurotoxic chemical that poses serious occupational hazards to workers, is an environmental air pollutant, and can contaminate food."

All soy proteins isolate used to make protein bars are made using hexane baths.ALL OF THEM!!! If its in a protein bar, and its soy, it was given a hexane bath!!

Shocker: "Products such as Clif Bars with the label "made with organic oats and soybeans" are required by law to have 70% organic ingredients -- the remaining 30%, however, can legally be hexane extracted. They can also use up to 30% non organic ingredients of any kind and still legally be called organic.
Ya for more label laws and companies sticking it in your ass without you even knowing it!!!!!

Sounds yummy, doesn't it? So, if you're wondering why you rarely see "organic" soy protein bars, this is one of the reasons. Additionally, The soy protein in all protein bars typically comes from genetically modified plants. Even non-genetically modified raw materials may contain small amounts of GMO-parts, claims GMO-Compass.org, because a total separation of conventional and GM soybeans is technically impossible.

For the record hexane,is classified as a neurotoxin by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and a hazardous air pollutant by the Environmental Protection Agency.

Pwned!

Hey breh, how long is this sale going on for and what's the discount code? I've been looking for a good bar without all that added crap and this thread definitely sold me on them, can't wait to try them.

I don't think the bars are "on sale" right now, but ceo15 will get you a 15% discount on anything at the ntbm store bro.

There was a 25% off sale on everything over the 4th weekend, but that ended at 11:59pm on the 4th. :)

If you are planning on ordering anything else, I have a 25% off code, good for a one time use only, but it only works for certain items (about 20 different items they carry). PM me for details.

You act as if there's some sort of huge criteria for protein...

Way too much fat and sugar. Why is there 6 threads on the same product? That just screams "Not good enough to sell itself".

I'm not saying they're bad. I'm just saying they're nothing special and no better than what I can get at 7-11.
lolololololololololo
good humor

You act as if there's some sort of huge criteria for protein...

Yes in fact there is. Like the fact that protein in all bars on the shelf at the store is worthless. WHY? OK I will use one of the most popular bars out there to prove my point.

First lets talk about label laws and how the bars you think are so great use them to fool you.

ingredients:
blah blah's Protein Blend (Soy Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Isolate, Milk Protein Isolate), Fruit Blend (Fruit Juice, Natural Grain Dextrin), Whole Grain Rolled Oats, Water Canola Oil, Marshmallow Filling (Sugar, Rice Flour, Wheat Starch, Corn Starch, Titanium Dioxide and Lecithin), Almonds, Graham Crumbs, Honey, Chocolate Chips, Vegetable Glycerine, Coco Processed with Alkali, Natural and artificial flavors. Contains 2% Or Less Of The Following: Plum Puree, Lecithin, Monoglycerides, Organic Soy Butter, Citric Acid, Caclum Propionate, Potassium Sorbate, Salt, And Sucralose.

So what does this mean, Protein Blend (Soy Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Isolate, Milk Protein Isolate), And why is the rest set between the two ( ) anyway? Ok this is how it works. Label laws say you must print ingredients from most to least. It also says if its a protein of any kind you can lump it in with all the other proteins and slap it between the two ( ) after the words Protein blend.. Still with in the two ( ) you must print the types of protein them self from most to least.

This works out great for the Manufacturer for a few reasons. 1 Is the fact that if they put a crap load of soy protein in it and a tiny tiny bit of others kinds. They can still list ALL the proteins as first on the list and what they have the most of. because together they all add up to what the bars has the most of. Split them all up and you might see soy protein listed as the 3rd on the list of ingredients and Whey Protein Isolate last on the list, or close to it..

What is even worse is the fact that if they wanted to. They can use 5 grams of Whey protein Isolate 3 grams of soy protein isolate , 4 grams of milk protein concentrate, 3 grams of whey protein concentrate, 3 grams soy protein concentrate, and then slap a label on the bar that starts with this

Blah blah's protein blend (Whey protein Isolate, milk protein concentrate,whey protein concentrate,soy protein isolate, soy protein concentrate). Wow that sure looks like a lot of protein and because of the amounts used they can list the best proteins first and the worst last but collectively the crappy proteins still make up more of the protein in the bar then the others??? Ain't label laws outstanding? Well the protein bar companies think so and they use every opportunity to use them to their advantage.

See what I am getting at? Do not be fooled by The label of a protein bar. It does not mean the bar has a ton of these 3 types of protein in it. And being as soy protein is the cheapest and its comes first on the list of proteins you can be pretty sure the (blend) is mostly soy protein. I would say about 80% but it could be has high as even 98% who the hell knows. For all we know to Voxide3's standard of a great protein bar could have 19 grams of soy protein and 1 gram of the other two kinds. They do not have to tell you how much of each kind is in the bar!!!!!!!!

The second thing is that the protein in the bars you are trying to defend are mostly filled with sdenature protein and also crap loads of soy protein too.

The protein in these bars is exposed to extremely high temperatures during manufacturing of the raw ingredients and again in the manufacturing of the bar itself. High heat exposure can denature proteins, which can severely limit your body***8217;s ability to assimilate the amino acids completely into your muscle tissue. What does this mean? Basically when you see a bar that says it has 30g of protein, the probability is very high that little of it will make it where it***8217;s supposed to ***8230; your muscles ***8230; making the protein content of these bars is virtually worthless or pretty damn close to worthless.

Denatured protein? Denaturing occurs when the normal structure of the protein molecules are broken down into an abnormal structure as a result of heat or acid processing for the purposes of pasteurizing the protein for protein bars. This denatured protein can be much more difficult to absorb than non-denatured protein. In contras Cooked protein is useless, what I mean is that the molecular structure of the protein has been destroyed. When heated, the amino acid chains of the protein fuse together.

Our bodies do not have the ability to fully breakdown the protein once the chains have been melded together via heat. The protein is now not only useless, it has become extremely toxic to the body. Consumption of cooked protein is linked to kidney failure, allergies, and even arthritis.

That's why eating food in its whole, raw state is the absolute best way to get your protein. Not only will you be receiving adequate protein, you will be eating protein that can be fully broken down into its amino acid chains and easily used by the body

O and did I mention that Needtobuildmuscle better protein bars are a no bake protein bar!!!!! You simple have a bag of uncooked non Denatured dry ingredients that you then mix together with wet ingredients. Set in the fridge and boom 30 mins later you have 100% natural non cooked raw protein bars!!! let me say that again!!

Needtobuildmuscle better protein bars are all natural, organic, un Denatured . The better protein bars a RAW!!!!! and unadulterated . I would go as fat to say that they are 1 of the only protein bars on the market today that have a usable source of protein in them at all.

Let us explain feather why a RAW protein bar that can only be achieved by making your own protein bars fresh with a no bake recipe (like the one found in needtobuildmuscle better protein bars) is the only way one should eat a protein bar at all.

The worst damage you can do to A protein is by heat and extraction methods and of course the pasteurization and chemical processing process used to fuze 99.99% of today protein bars.

This causes destruction of the bonds between pairs and trios of amino acids. The unique chemical shapes these bonds create, are acid profile keys that fit the enzyme locks in your body to switch on protein functions. Without the keys to open the doors of the cells, you can throw all the denatured proteins you like at your muscles, but hardly any gets retained.

The protein in almost every pre packed protein bar on the market today is worthless. because the protein in them lack the chemical keys that fit your bodies locks.

The unique chemical shapes created by RAW undenature proteins are the keys to optimum protein metabolism. Your body recognises and absorbs this raw protein by a special pathway that cannot be used by denature proteins .

As for what you were saying about soy!!!!!!!!!!!!! I addressed it in my post before this one.

Way too much fat and sugar. Why is there 6 threads on the same product? That just screams "Not good enough to sell itself".

Way to much fat? or sugar? how do you know how much sugar they have and for the record the recipes can be ajusted if you like low sugar then use agave or low carb syrups to make them and not honey. HOwever

he bars are high in fat ( when using the original recipes on the bags) 98% of these fats come from natural sources and they are EFA's (essential fatty acids)otherwise known as omega 3,6, and 9 fatty acids.

They are essential because your body cannot produce them on its own so they must come from your diet. The two primary EFAs are known as linoleic acid (omega-6) and alpha-linolenic acid (omega-3).
And the better protein bar orginal recipes have a good healthy amount of them in the bars.

These EFAs are necessary for the following processes:
1.Formation of healthy cell membranes
2.Proper development and functioning of the brain and nervous system
3.Proper thyroid and adrenal activity
4.Hormone production
5.Regulation of blood pressure, liver function, immune and inflammatory responses
6.Crucial for the transport and breakdown of cholesterol!!!!!!!!!!
7.Support healthy skin and hair

So I would beg to differ with anyone claiming the nutritional Brake down of these bars are AAAAH "crap" as some one called it lmao

As stated above the better protein bars are 100% all natural and 98% all organic ingredents are used as well. Even the flavors used like the apple and banana bars are made with 100% all natural all organic freeze dried fruit powders!!!! The bars Are high in good fats and with the original they also have a good amount of ( healthy natural carbohydrates). which btw is also not taboo or a bad thing ether.

Carbohydrates,carbs, carbs and more carbs. Are Carbs such a Bad Thing? « Need To Build Muscle Inc. Official Blog

There is nothing what so ever that is "unhealthy" in the better protein bars. All natural all organic no addatives or worthless cant read ingredients like every other protein bar out there right now.

To put the cherry on the cake after you buy the bars, the honey, and the peanut butter the price is still 1/3rd what it cost to buy the avg protein bar and the better protein bars have twice the amount of protein as the standard!!!! Use our "power butter" to make the better protein bars and the bars end up having 5 times the industry standard of protein in them.

I'm not saying they're bad. I'm just saying they're nothing special and no better than what I can get at 7-11.

How about you post up the ingredients in what you think is a great bar that you can get at 7-11 and I will rip it to fucking shreds...

O thats right you cant because ya got banned for being a rude little prick to people... O well maybe next time. Peace

Top Bottom