Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Grocery List for the bodybuilder

CheapPinz

The old saying "you are what you eat" appears to hold true with the majority of the american population. It grosses me out to watch obese people walking to shopping centers, and I can't help but think they must be out of breath in about 5 minutes. Luckily, the people on here take much better care of themselves. If you have a natural body, work out regularly, and want to drop fat, the only thing you can change is your diet. I'm deleting any thoughts of supplementation and focusing on food alone.
So if you're going to eat for success, what do you buy at the grocery store? I personally try to not buy anything with more than 20 carbs on the supplemental facts and I've been doing this for years. I focus on fats and proteins and do NOT buy breads, rice, pastas, cereals, or anything loaded with sugar. I love OJ but its full of sugar, so its a treat for me. And, if I'm trying to get into ketosis, I watch sugar and carbs carefully. I buy carbonated water, diet soda with zero carbs for a treat. Coffee creamer, whip cream. hamburg, beef, chicken, pork (& I intentionally stay away from deli meats because I've heard they have more carbs than home prepared meats.), hard cheese, shredded cheese, mayo, mustard, and low carb pita bread. Its amazing how much you can make with just that (plus a small amount of flavor from any favorite bbq sauce or salad dressing).

Solid post...what you said about Deli meat is true along with the fact that its loaded with outrageous amounts of sodium and artificial preservatives.

Only thing I do different myself is cutting out all carbonation as well as studies have been done showing the negative impact carbonation has on bone density and tissue health.

interesting about the bubbles. I like the peach fizzy water but besides that, I don't need it. I think it would be good for women to know that since we lose bone density significantly into the 50s.

Never peel your potatoes. All of the nutrients are just under the skin. Rub wash them and then do whatever it is you wanna do. They actually sell potato rub wash gloves (at least here in Finland)

Last time I went to the market I actually started paying attention to the sodium content of a few foods I was going to buy. I was appalled.

I used to not think about sodium intake, but purposely weighing close to 250lbs at 5'8.5" as well as being on a small/moderate amount of supplemental testosterone I have found keeping my salt intake the best thing I can do.

Almost all canned foods are atrociously high in salt. From soup to chili 1 can typically holds 50-75% of your daily salt intake!!!

I had bought a couple of packs of hot pockets for when I had to eat some crap and after eating 1 pack of those(1 pack has 2 pockets) I noticed my blood pressure was elevated. Low and behold I hadn't paid attention to the sodium content. 60% of my dv in 1 pack. UGH.

It took roughly 2 days for my blood pressure to fully return back to normal after eating 1 pack of those 2 days in a row from the elevated sodium levels in my body.

I think excess salt intake is probably 1 of the biggest issues with the american diet.

It's the first time that I actually consider Deli meat. Thanks for the useful information here (just for the record - I don't think that I could even be called a beginner).

I just went today...

Oats
Eggs
Egg Whites in Carton
Harmburger
Spinach (Popeye Baby)
Cottage Cheese
Tuna
Pinto Beans
Black Beans
Bananas
Apples
Rice

You want to be grossed out go to Wall Mart.Everything is for getting fat.I mean rows of breaded food and salt off the chart.Carbs are empty so your brains say`s i am still hungry feed me.I go to Kroger here lot`s of good choices.Upgraded to the healther crowed.I buy lean meats,chicken,oatmeal,rice(not White)PB,fruits,nuts.I buy the stuff you have to cook.I shy away from can food.Lots of veggies from the frozzen section.

@Kanetuck-totally agree. Wal-Mart is disgusting, their produce section is not big relative to their other food sections.
I buy chicken, load up on fresh veggies and fruit, oatmeal, eggs, cottage cheese...

Top Bottom