Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

GRADUATION Gift Ideas Needed

J

jenscats5

My step-daughter is 17 & graduating from high school June 8 and her party is that weekend. Her mom is throwing the party (200+ people) & doing all the cooking, we will be giving her $$$ towards the party ($100-$300 not sure yet). My hubby wants to give her cash (his daughter) in the amount of $500-$600 or more. (he has a credit union savings account where $150 in each pay gets deposited each month so he's giving her the $$$ out of there -- our car insurance is the only thing that gets paid out of there)

I can't think of anything else to give her or even if I should....with the cash her dad is giving her

Oh, and I've been laid off from my job now so cost is an issue....

Is she going to college? Maybe something she could use there is good.

If no college, what are her plans now? If she is going to work, maybe buy her a nice "work" outfit.

Daisy_Girl said:
Is she going to college? Maybe something she could use there is good.

If no college, what are her plans now? If she is going to work, maybe buy her a nice "work" outfit.

Well, she wasn't accepted at college but I think she may start going to a technical/community college. As for clothes, a size 0 is too big for her so I'm not going there! skinny thing! Plus she gets a discount where she works on clothes.

I just wasn't sure with all the money we'll be shelling out (close to $1,000) if I even needed to get her a gift in the first place......

Hey Jen
I would say that you and your husband are doing enough for right now you could get her a beautiful card and let her know that if she goes to a trade/community school, when she graduates you would take her out and get her some interviewing outfits. And shoot to be honest I wish my parents had given us that much money when I got out of high school. And having a pretty good memory I could tell you what I would have done with it also...lol.. But anyway there is my imput/opinion, but I heard this one time "opinions are like butt holes everyones got one, and everyone thinks theirs doesnt stink"....lol...:newbie:

Well, I don't think I got that much money when I graduated either!! Wish I did.....

I thought the $$$ would be enough personally (I really think it's TOO much $$$) but this is his only kid, so he always goes overboard with her.....can't stop him I guess!!

Thank you for your input!

I think the work outfits are a good idea. When I graduated I moved out to go to school so my parents bought me a new bed and new bedding. I still have the bed!

I think I'm just going to go with giving her the money my hubby planned on giving her......Her 18th bday is in October then Xmas in December....I've gotta save some ideas for then!! LOL Plus too, then we can see if she gets into college or not -- if she does she'll live at home anyway....

Top Bottom