Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Got another diet + t3 question

Sassy69

OK, I've posted on here I had been following a "bodybuilding diet" for about a year while doing 2 natural bb competitions. After the last one I didn't lean out enough to really do the show (5'7", competed in Nov 2000 at 144 lb about 12% bf - waaaaaaaay to chubby for a comp...) Since December I gained about 20 lbs & 7% more bf from garbage eating immediately after that competition. (Dumb.) For the last 6 months I've been dieting, cardio, lifting like a mofo. W/o reposting my diet, the comments here were not eating enough food, maybe add more carbs & calories. Basically my metabolism stopped being efficient - maybe thought we were going into starvation mode so was holding on to everything (bodyfat) that it already had.

I did a winny cycle w/ clen alt w/ ECA - this is week 7. No luck. Muscles feel good, lifting harder, but no fat/weight loss. So I go to check out this nutritionist who is putting me on a 1500 cal diet, 25% protein 55% carb, 20% fat. Still doing the cardio, lifting. I've been on this diet a week - I sleep good at night, go to bed earlier, stop eating at 8 pm, have energy all day and still continue to lift good - stopped the clen & ECA 1-2 weeks ago, just to get off everything and basically let my body detox from all the fun stuff. But still no fat loss. Not even feeling any difference.

So my question is, I want to explore T3 because my metabolism just seems stuck. Would throwing this on top of the diet really screw things up? The initial purpose of this diet is to "detox" my system from a year of heavy protein diet and lots of ECA. I don't know if I'm going to start seeing some changes from the diet (e.g. metabolism resparked, followed by fat loss) by itself or if I toss in T3, will that help or just make my body panic more and hold on to what it has because I am trying to force it to lean out "artificially"?

Trying to not get impatient w/ the weight loss thing, but goddam I've been fighting it for 6 months w/ no luck at all. All comments welcome.

You likely have low leptin levels. I would suggest going about 50% above maintenence for 24 hours (high carb, very low fat), followed by 4-5 days at about 10% above maintenece (again, low fat) -- then resume your diet, but add a refeed day (20-30% above maintenence, mostly from carbohydrates) in every 3-5 days.

PD -

You are saying these % levels above "maintenance level" - is this above the 55% carbs I'm doing right now? Is this what you call "carb cycling"?

"Low leptin values" - from high protein/low carb diet for a long time? I had a period between Sept and Dec. 2000 where I was eating high protein and higher carb, lifting like a mofo and less cardio. This was the point where I started getting "beefy" and just haven't been able to drop that thickness since. I did lower my carb intake after Dec. but the diet has still been along the same lines of high protein, low carb - carbs from broccoli, spinach, sweet potatoes & brown rice, oatmeal and fats from fish & flax oil.

How much do you weigh?

Hey Sassy
Im new to this board but I thought I would give you some advice.

I am a Personal trainer and Nutritional Counselor for Bodybuilders as well as being a Natural Bodybuilder myself.
Do you know what your oxidation level is? That could be the key to help spark your metabolism. If you are eating too many carbs(or not enough, depending on your level) if could make you hold fat. I myself am a fast oxidizer meaning my diet is 40% carbs 30%prot 30%fat. That works for me. I usually don't do cardio until the last 8 weeks before a contest and I come in Shredded(under 4%) WITHOUT using any drugs.

Also try to use you bmr in figuring out your caloric intake:

lean mass(in kilos) times 24 = BMR(Basal Metabolic Rate)

Then add in your activity level and that should give you a maintenance caloric intake. Subtract 10% and you have a deficit. Its that easy. As you get closer to the contest or you reach a plateau subtract another 10% (and kick in the cardio) I used no fat burners my last shoe and was harder and fuller. Fat burners deplete your glycogen stores and make you look flat.

hope this helps:)

Welcome back DAD! Just in time for Father's Day! Are you going to get a tie & some Old Spice?

I know t3 likes to consume everything in its path. Just wondering if its purpose basically to create optimal thyroid operation (assuming in correct dosage) does the body recognize that as "artificial stimulation" and would it respond or just freak out and hold on to fat even tighter?

I need a break from AS - I'm still adapting to the new diet, so no rush. Just feeling out my options and their effects. :D

Unless you're thyroid is low or you're on AS I wouldn't touch the T3. Have your doc run a full thyroid panel on ya and go from there. Par Deus' idea is probably one of the better ones. Regular high carb/low fat feeds should get your metabolism ticking over nicely.

Thx guys! Going to break from the chemicals for a while and go "holistic" - I'm going to juice up some wheat grass & carrots and go hug a tree now. :D

low thyroid levels

you can do an easy check of your metabolic rate by taking your temp 1st thing in the morning.i'm not positive but i believe duchaine said that if your temp is below 97 degrees you may have a sluggish thyroid.Keep in mind this isn't a foolproof way to test but it is a good gauge.Also if you didn't want to use t-3 right off the bat you could try biotest t-2 product.I've read alot of good feedback on this product,about half as effective as t-3 although you need to go over the recommended dose

Sassy69 said:
PD -

You are saying these % levels above "maintenance level" - is this above the 55% carbs I'm doing right now? Is this what you call "carb cycling"?

Maintenence level is the amount of calories you need to take in to stay the same weight -- the macronutrient ratio does not really matter.

Leptin secreation is signalled via glucose metabolism, so it is primarily carbs that we manipulate.

"Low leptin values" - from high protein/low carb diet for a long time?
[/B]

Yes -- as mentioned, it is signalled by glucose metabolism. It is also signalled by fat stores, so just losing fat will lower secretion as well.

Top Bottom