Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Good Fats and Bad Fats

hmmm...yes, I would say that a bar with cocoa butter (being the nasty old saturated fat that it is) doesn't make the bar any better than one with trans fatty acids...

I think cocoa butter is right up there with coconut and other tropical oils as far as raising LDL cholesterol (the "bad" cholesterol) is concerned....

...geez you just can't eat anything these days.....

Hehehehe so I will leave you to ponder why people that are indiginous to tropical islands (in other words eat lots of coconuts) have some of the lowest rates of heart disease in the world......

once apon a time, a long time ago,.....
it was said that tropical oils were evil

but we now think that they are not so bad : coconut oil, cocoa oil, palm oil ,... may even be beneficial if you switch with other polyinsaturated oils ( ie flaxseed)

BTW there is also olive oil which is a pretty healthy oil (ie the mediterranean diet)

Anthrax said:
once apon a time, a long time ago,.....
it was said that tropical oils were evil

but we now think that they are not so bad : coconut oil, cocoa oil, palm oil ,... may even be beneficial if you switch with other polyinsaturated oils ( ie flaxseed)

BTW there is also olive oil which is a pretty healthy oil (ie the mediterranean diet)

Yep, I said olive oil. But it's long been established that no one reads my posts. So whatever.

Buksoon - I read all of you posts very carefully!!

- and sometimes I even read them two or three times just for kicks....

You get all of my positive karma for sure!!

Aw thanks, Stryc! I was just bitter from the Chat boards, where I think I've posted really intelligent stuff (in my oh-so humble opinion!) and in the course explained like 8 million times that I'm female but still get called "bro" and "man" and ... well, they're pervs over there. And I'm like "hello? [tap, tap] this thing on??"

Anyway. :) Right back atcha!

Top Bottom