Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Glycemic Index???

sd526

Dont flame me if this issue is addressed in another post but.....I was reading that it was better to consume food high in fructose rather than glucose prior to endurance training because it is metabolized slower and prevents your muscles' glycogen stores from getting depleated as quickly. Is there any truth to this?? I cant really tell a difference when I train, but supposedly high fructose foods have been shown to decrease insulin secretion and thus promote the metabolism of fat rather than carbohydrates. If anyone knows anything about this, I would appreciate hearing about it. Thanks

I was reading that it was better to consume food high in fructose rather than glucose prior to endurance training because it is metabolized slower and prevents your muscles' glycogen stores from getting depleated as quickly

It depends on what perspective you're looking at...now from a performance perspective (if you're an endurance athlete) there's conflicting evidence and no one is really sure if low GI meals are better than high GI meals at improving performance

now from a body composition perspective...i guess you could argue that lower insulin levels promotes increased use of free fatty acids...but then again from a fat loss perspective long term energy deficit is much more important than the quantity of fat burnt during an actual workout

so basically it's not that important just eat something maybe 1-2 hours pre-workout that you can comfortably keep down while training

fructose is the favored fuel for liver glycogen, whereas glucose is favored for muscle glycogen. Fructose is actually worse for sustained energy than glucose.

isnt all glycogen made in the liver anyway??? the muscles have no mechanism to turn carbs into glycogen...correct?

Top Bottom