Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Glutamine Question

INTRODUCTION TO GLUTAMINE

Glutamine is actually classified as a non essential amino acid. L-Glutamine is the most abundant free-form amino acid found in muscle tissue.. Like other amino acids, L-Glutamine plays a vital role in protein metabolism and muscle recovery. Not only is Glutamine used by our muscles but also by the kidneys, liver, brain and may other parts in our body. It is for this reason why it is not so understood that it is a non essential amino acid. The reason it has this title though is that it can be made by the body by combining other amino acids. Levels of Glutamine can run very low while training and after training which may result in depleted levels in our muscles and therefore causing a catabolic state thus leading to muscle breakdown

WHAT WILL IT DO

If like most bodybuilders you are using numerous supplements to try and aid your effort in chiselling the perefect body, adding glutamine to your regime will certainly not be a waste of time nor money. By supplementing with Glutamine, bodybuilders and other athletes should be able to prevent the body from going into a catabolic state, help promote cell volumization and therefore increaseing size and strength.

BENEFITS OF SUPPLEMENTATION

Increased Muscle Mass

Increased Recovery

Decreased Muscle Breakdown

Cell Volumization

WHAT AMOUNT SHOULD BE USED

Supplementing with glutamine may not only be able to prevent catabolism but it also has a similar effect to htat of creatine, namely cell volumisation. It has been concluded by studies that glutamine supplementaion is only effective when the body receives small ammounts over different periods throughout the day as oppossed to one large dose. This is due to the fact that it is metabolized by the gut when detected. The best way to supplemetn is by taking it 3-4 times a day at doses of between 3-4 grams. Dont forget you are also getting it in your protein / weigh gaining supplements (quality ones at least)

It has also been discovered that as wth creatine, a loading phase whereby approximately 10-15 grams a day for one week followed by 5-6 grams a day there after maybe more benneficial.

SIDE EFFECTS OF SUPPLEMENTATION

So far there really havent been any reports of side effects, at least not from any medical studies. The reason being is that Glutamine is a natural amino acis which is produced by our boides. Supplementation only increases the amount that is available. Currently there has been no reports or journals to suggest that supplementing with glutamine suppresses the body's natural ability to produce or manufacture its own glutamine from other aminos. All this means is that cycling is not needed and can be used continuously, however some people find it more convenient to cycle.

Peace

Last edited:
Glutamine is one of those supplements that does a lot for you, but looking in the mirror you wont be able to see changes, at least not enough for what you're looking for. I agree with most people that glutamine should be used more while cutting so that it can act as anticatabolic. Only time i use it when bulking is before bed.

I use glutamine everyday,whether offseason or precontest.I think it is one of the most important supplements we can take...so many benefits.I take 20-30 grams per day,mostly in the more absorbable peptide form.It is one of those supps that make a difference over the long haul.Use it!

damn good post iron game!!!!!!!!!!!!!i think it's good to take,i work at a hospital and they glutamine packs they give the burn patients.it's some generic name brand we've never heard of ,but i thought it was interesting that they supplemented their diets with glutamine..

Top Bottom