Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

glutamine question

XzRzX

ive gone through a lot of posts concerning glutamine and how much should i take per day.

i just bought some AR Glutamine Peptides and im really confused as to when to take it. i take my protein shake when i wake up, post workout and b4 i go to bed. and as ive read in most of the posts here, thats when i should also take glutamine. is it really okay to mix the protein shake with the glutamine ?

and when is it really better to take glutamine ? PRE or POST workout ? :confused:

thanks so much !

take some when you get up , before workout, after workout , and before bed. If your being conservative with it, take it before and after your workout only

no what i meant was is it okay to mix glutamine with my protein shake or do i have to take it before or after i drink the protein shake. i drink my shake when i wake up, post workout and b4 i go to bed:fro:

I take it an hr before training, right after training, and before bed, the latter 2 in a protein shake. The prior to training mixed in my oatmeal.

XzRzX said:
no what i meant was is it okay to mix glutamine with my protein shake or do i have to take it before or after i drink the protein shake. i drink my shake when i wake up, post workout and b4 i go to bed

Yes - it's okay to do this - but it's not ideal....the ideal thing would be to do what Remy suggested - which is to take the glutamine on an empty stomach. The reasoning behind doing this is that if you take it with your protein shake, the glutamine will be competeing for absorption with the free form aminos in the shake...thereby reducing it's effectiveness.....HOWEVER, it's definitely not the case that taking glutamine with a protein shake will render the glutamine entirely useless....like I said, it's just not as "ideal" as taking it on an empty stomach....

hmm never thought of that before, you know, now that I think of it ...with all the scientific info on dosing and when to dose, and what time to dose, and how to dose, and what not to mix with your dose, and dosing for mass, dosing for cutting> someone needs to invent a programable computer the size of a watch to tell us when and how to take stuff- I can't keep up with all this shit. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Stryc-9 said:

Yes - it's okay to do this - but it's not ideal....the ideal thing would be to do what Remy suggested - which is to take the glutamine on an empty stomach. The reasoning behind doing this is that if you take it with your protein shake, the glutamine will be competeing for absorption with the free form aminos in the shake...thereby reducing it's effectiveness.....HOWEVER, it's definitely not the case that taking glutamine with a protein shake will render the glutamine entirely useless....like I said, it's just not as "ideal" as taking it on an empty stomach....

I don't know. Maybe regular L-Glutamine will compete for absorbtion, but supposedly when taking Glutamine PEPTIDES its actually good to take it with your protein shake. Of course, this is just what I've read, and everyone has different opinions on when to take what supplements.

Top Bottom