Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

glutamine does it really work?

If you're still full from dinner or something then don't bother. If you have an empty stomach then yes. At least that's the info that I have.

110% said:

i agree, its long term affects are great, its not like creatine or something in which you notice results right away, but in the long run its continued use when cutting will serve great effects in my opinion. plus it is pretty cheap, so its not that bad of an investment.

Right now I'm doing the best I can to bulk, but its fuckin hard tryin to pump 4000 calories a day into your body...anways...

I've been taking a huge tbsp. of glutamine along with a myoplex and 6 grams of creatine, and as my post workout shake. Should I not be including the the glutamine in this shake? And is this a good shake at all while trying to bulk??

I suggest 20g of Glutamine divided through out the day...5g at each serving. This includes taking 5g before bed (30-45 min after my last meal).

I'm not sure about 'bulking' phase and Glutamine. Riskybizz007 doesn't suggest taking Glutamine during a bulking diet. I don't 'bulk' I eat pretty clean year round..I add cardio and cut a few calories to slice up. I normally eat a lot of Protein and play with my carbs to 'bulk' or 'cut' up.

I suggest taking Dextrose, creatine and glutamine after workout. Then protein only shake 30 min later. Do a search on Dextrose. There are a lot of posts on this supp.

Glutamine "works", but not for building muscle like creatine. Think of glutamine as a muscle preservative. The time to be taking glutamine isn't when you're trying to build muscle, but when you are trying to keep what you have.

For instance, many people don't like to eat a few hours before bed, especially nothing heavy like protein. This would be a good time to take glutamine, right before bed. When you awake in a fasted state, this would be a good time to take glutamine. Any time you are dieting or fasting, especially low protein diets, glutamine is a good thing.

Another good time for glutamine is at the end of a cycle. This is for two reasons, you'll be able to start eating less protein to keep from getting fat while still preserving your muscle, and second because glutamine inhiibits cortisol, and the decreased ratio of testosterone to cortisol is believed to be the cause of lost muscle mass at the end of a cycle.

The time not to be taking glutamine is when you are consuming protein and trying to build muscle. Any large dose of one amino acid has the side effect of inhibiting the absorption of all others, so don't take glutamine at the same time you consume protein, or better yet until the protien is fully digested.

Doc, in other words glutamine should be taken on it's own? but how much should one take per body weight, I think I agree with you to take it on it's own but it's expensive especially glutamine peptide. I'm seriously considering taking g.peptide because I don't do juice anymore( I'm scared shitless), hope you could answer my quiry.
thanks.

Yes and no. Absorption is the key. Preferably it should be taken on an empty stomach and definately not with other amino's or creatine, since they compete for the same transporters and carriers. Bioperine can be a helpful aid in absorption. But even then, you need to provide a carrier for glutamine to be absorbed well. Use Club soda (carbonated water) with some dextose get oral glutamine supplements absorbed properly.

Dr. T

Does adding Bioperine significantly aid in the absorption of glutamine? I thought Bioperine only worked on fat solubles. Any ideas of where we can purchase Bioperine online?
Thanks

I have to side with Risky and 40butpumpin, it did nothing for me. I read somewhere that if you take alot of protein powder, or MRP's, you most likely are getting plenty of glutamine. Its one of those supps where because every study in the world does validate its usefullness, you take and say it must be working. But, if there is no change in bodyweight, bodyfat%, or lifts, its kind of tough to tout it as being essential. All that being said, I still throw it into the mix, just because I bought a big container of it awhile back.

Doctor T, I'm seriously thinking of adding glutamine peptide to my diet, so will it help if I take it together with aminogen? and what do you think of aminogen.
thankyou.

Top Bottom