Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Girls, help me with this question!!!

B

buksoon

I've searched far and wide (okay, never left the Internet--but that IS "far and wide) and no one knows. Maybe you can help.

This really belongs in the "Diet" thread, but I put it here too.

Do you have any idea which (if any) protein powders are good for baking? Not which taste good (then it would be whey, soy... anything!!).

But which will not denature under baking temperature or heat that exceeds 200 degrees.

Do any of you know of a powder that will retain all the benefits of BCAA's even after 20 minutes in the oven??? I know that whey is out....

Thanks!

Actually, i've done some more research on this for ya; it shouldn't be a problem at all.

Even if some of the powder does denature into smaller peptides, a quick bake won't be enough to break sulfide bonds or deaminated the aminos themselves. .... yeah. in other words, you're not really going to wreck the protein. (It may not taste so great, though. That's my experience) Anyway, if that's the only way you're going to eat your big ass tub of protein, then go for it.

Spatts, thanks!!! You're the best!

Any info on solubility of protein powders at high temps would be GREATLY appeciated!

(Of course I'll post any recipes I might have success with!!)

I can't locate my smiley icons, so imagine laughy-face here, Spatts!

Off-topic: I saw your dream cheat day fantasy.... Cocoa krisps cereal, yes! Spatts, Keto (that's a brand trademark) makes "cocoa krisps" entirely out of soy! Barely any carbs! Just like the real thing!!

Get thee to a health food store, stat!

Top Bottom