Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Getting fat while training hard

armybrat2012

I can't seem to cut down on my waist/stomach. I'm 28 years old, 200 lbs and 6ft tall. I have tried calorie deficits, carb cycling, and insane cardio but I stay at 14 to 15 percent body fat. I never feel hungry or overly full and stay hydrated all day. Here is my daily routine and eating habits. The only supplements I take are BCAA. I have my maintenance calories estimated at 2500ish, and I take in 2100-2300 on a daily basis.

Wake up (0445): oatmeal and banana

Workouts: (0530)
Monday: Chest/Tris
Tuesday: Back/Bis
Wednesday: Legs
Thursday: Abs/Core
Friday: Shoulder
Saturday: Abs/ Core
Sunday Rest:

After workout: (730ish)
40 Gram muscle milk pro series shake
4 Egg whites
Grilled fish or chicken 8-12 oz
BCAAs

(1100)
Basketball for an hour on (M/W/F)

Lunch: (1200)
Opposite meat from breakfast 8-12oz
steamed veggies
salad

Dinner: (1700)
8-12 ozs lean red meat
steamed veggies

Cardio: (1900)
2-4 mile run @ (6:30 to 7:00 mile pace)

Sleep: (2030 to 0440)

Any advice would be great.

Last edited:
Incorporate some HIIT cardio if you haven't already 3-4 times a week. Not only is it the best cardio for fat burning, but it leaves a after burn effect. Meaning yiur body will continue to burn fat for up to 48 post cardio.
Go back and count your calories but figure proper ratios aswell. I follow a 40/40/20 when I cut (40% carbs, 40% protein, 20% fats) I do the for about 4-6 weeks then I introduce carb cycling. I'm never in ketosis tho, I prefer doing no carbs every other day (e.g. 150g one day, under 20g next day, back to 150g th day after). And for every 5-10lb I loose I cut back by 300-500 cals.
Also keep your workout routine a mixture of high volume full of dropsets, giant sets, supersets etc. get 8-12 hours sleep a night and drink a gallon to 2 a day.m

If none of that works then I don't know what else will

Also look into maybe some morning fasted HIIT training. Cardio is fine whatever time of the day but in the morning on an empty stomach first thing is what some will do pre contest as its a lot more effective in burning fat. This can cause a slighty catabolic effect though so it has it's pros and cons. Good luck

That sounds quite weird to me since you're supposed to be burning fat instead of gaining. Perhaps, you should reconsider what you're eating.

I do not get it either. If anything I am getting bigger in the stomach and neck as I'm sitting at 38 inches around the navel, 33.5 at the hips. When I lay down I can feel my the skin on my neck roll up. I stay at 200lbs no mater what I do.

What I posted is my diet exactly to a t every day. I run 14 to 20 miles a week. Every other day I incorporate speed training or hill repeats. My legs have lost alot of mass in the process.

Could I be taking in to few of calories or my metabolism has slowed down now that I'm older? I sweat alot while working out and running. I would like to cut down to 8 to 10%. If I wasn't in the middle of nowhere I would get my t3 t4 levels checked.

Incorporate some HIIT cardio if you haven't already 3-4 times a week. Not only is it the best cardio for fat burning, but it leaves a after burn effect. Meaning yiur body will continue to burn fat for up to 48 post cardio.
Go back and count your calories but figure proper ratios aswell. I follow a 40/40/20 when I cut (40% carbs, 40% protein, 20% fats) I do the for about 4-6 weeks then I introduce carb cycling. I'm never in ketosis tho, I prefer doing no carbs every other day (e.g. 150g one day, under 20g next day, back to 150g th day after). And for every 5-10lb I loose I cut back by 300-500 cals.
Also keep your workout routine a mixture of high volume full of dropsets, giant sets, supersets etc. get 8-12 hours sleep a night and drink a gallon to 2 a day.m

If none of that works then I don't know what else will

Great advice. HIIT cardio helped me alot when I was cutting. I also think you need to reconsider your diet. I hope you will start losing fat as soon as possible.

Top Bottom