Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Geroge foreman

BEAST420

Does anyone else that uses one to cook agree with me that closing the grill drains some of the nutrition out of the fish/steak /chicken??? I think it's better to leave it open and flip the meat, anyone agree?

I think it's fine for all meats, to drain the bad fats out, but I would be pan frying your fish to pour the good fat/oil back on to your plate.

Does anyone else that uses one to cook agree with me that closing the grill drains some of the nutrition out of the fish/steak /chicken??? I think it's better to leave it open and flip the meat, anyone agree?

people who follow the paleo diet believe in consuming the fats in meats as its 'from the earth' or whatever.. now i could be wrong on that but thats what a paleo freak told me. i happen to disagree. i say let the fat and grease flow out and away.. you never want to overcook foods, thats where the nutrition gets killed away. BBQ'ing food is awful, as is frying. you want to try and bake or boil your food as much as possible for overall health IMO .. now i love myself a good BBQ but if you insist on it be careful not to burn the food, once it turns to carbon it becames dangerous to consume, just ask any cancer expert. moderation is key, i know a guy who BBQ's his food everyday, that is a no-no.

people who follow the paleo diet believe in consuming the fats in meats as its 'from the earth' or whatever.. now i could be wrong on that but thats what a paleo freak told me. i happen to disagree. i say let the fat and grease flow out and away.. you never want to overcook foods, thats where the nutrition gets killed away. BBQ'ing food is awful, as is frying. you want to try and bake or boil your food as much as possible for overall health IMO .. now i love myself a good BBQ but if you insist on it be careful not to burn the food, once it turns to carbon it becames dangerous to consume, just ask any cancer expert. moderation is key, i know a guy who BBQ's his food everyday, that is a no-no.

I agree with the meat but I firmly believe that fish should be fried in a non stck pan with a little olive oil spray or even in the oilier bits of fish to fry in there own oil, you can beat fresh fish oil for your good fats and the taste is amazing, Atlantic salmon is my favourite

Thanks guys I appreciate all the feedback... I agree that BBQ is the worst. I usually throw all my meat on the foreman. I will try and use a non stick pan for te fish but idk how long that will last as the foreman is quick and efficient haha

I agree with the meat but I firmly believe that fish should be fried in a non stck pan with a little olive oil spray or even in the oilier bits of fish to fry in there own oil, you can beat fresh fish oil for your good fats and the taste is amazing, Atlantic salmon is my favourite

i'm not a chef/cook expert but i'm not sure if that is considered frying what you are describing. more like sautee'ing.. what i do if i cook fish in the pan is olive oil and veggie broth low sodium. but i don't overcook and i cook on low heat so its a slow cook.... once you overcook then its techniqually frying. just like cooking eggs in a pan.. frying would be having it near hi and cooking quickly.

so cooking in the right oil is important and not overcooking and cooking fast.

I got Geroge Forman for Xmas and I love it. I can heat up leftover pizza on it too. But I'm on special diet right now so no pizza for me. :(

I think it's fine for all meats, to drain the bad fats out, but I would be pan frying your fish to pour the good fat/oil back on to your plate.
This, fish, beef, chops, all of that I always drain, fish I dont even put on the george foreman, specially since it tends to stick more.
@BEAST420Dont you find it a pain to clan up the plates? the newer models have removable plates but olders dont, it annoyed me so much I got a steamer for everything but beef/pork and then the stupid steamer baskets have so many grooves it's impossible to clean too :worried: I just bake everything now :D

Top Bottom