Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Gel Nail kits: Sephora Gel Shine vs Nailene

cindylou

Fancy
EF VIP
I have both kits. If you're anything like me you always have chipped nail polish. In fact, it was so bad, I would paint my nails at night (each night) and apply the top coat in the morning and it would all be picked off or chipped by noon.

I don't have time to get manicures. I don't. I'm lucky to have time for pedicures, so basically I walk around with chipped nail polish all the time. It sucks.

Soooo I see the Sephora Gelshine nail kit. It was 160 bucks. To me, that seemed expensive so I left, but I couldn't stop thinking about it so I went back and got it.

I tried the kit, its everything it claims to be. It was easy to do, the nail, no chipping for as long as it was on and I wasn't ABLE to chip the gel.

Tonight I'm at Walmart and I see the Nailene kit for 49 bucks! Fug I feel foolish! Why didn't I assume that there would be a cheaper version of the same thing than at Sephora? Oh well, I'll try it and see if its any better (lol).

That kit is just as good as the Sephora Gel Shine kit except these reasons:

You can pick any color gel you want with the Sephora kit, which comes with one. The Nailene kit comes with either red or this dark pink (the dark pink on my fingers now, not really a fan of it). The lamp you get with the Sephora kit is nicer, a little prettier but for 110 more dollars who cares? Basically, I don't see why anyone would pay for the Sephora kit over the Sephora kit over the Nailene kit. Also, I've used regular nail polish as a base and used the gel topcoat, still works and looks good. You don't really HAVE to use the gel shine nail polish colors if you don't want though the result is not as thick it still looks really good with your normal nail polish. Oh, one more reason I forgot. You have to cure the Nailene Color gel under the lamp for 60 seconds vs the 30 seconds with Sephora Gel Shine. So, basically it will take about a couple minutes more total with the Nailene kit.

Well, there you go. I had fun doing that. Lol.

lol hell yeah, I needed razors and it was the only pharmacy nearby that could fill both of the scripts I needed to fill :p stfu :p

I despise walmart for anything other than cleaning products, shampoo for the kids cuz they go through three bottles a week...and yeah
thats about it

sounds like theyre just uv gel nails over nail polish...amirite?

Top Bottom