Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

fruit while cutting

niagratolls

Is fruit something you can have while following a cutting diet, the reason because my question is been asked it's because they contain fructose and I have seen some articles online saying fructose makes it harder to lose weight and sometimes it converts to fat.

You definitely want to limit fruit intake. Post workout is a great time for fruit. But the sugar content in most fruits make them a bit counter productive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fruit is fine in moderation but the problem with fruit is that it is roughly 50% glucose and 50% fructose.

Fructose can ONLY replenish liver glycogen. Once your liver glycogen is full, any additional fructose will be stored as fat.

The liver has a glycogen storing capacity of about 50g. 1-2 servings of fruit per day won't be an issue because each piece of fruit will only contain about 10-15g of fructose but you don't want to have more then 2 servings of fruit per day.

When cutting, the majority of your carbs should be low GI complex carbs like sweet potato, oatmeal, brown rice etc.

Some fruit is good, because it has fiber and vitamins, but taking too much of it would definitely be counterproductive is you are in a cutting phase, since there is also quite a lot of sugar. Therefore, you can eat it, but just a little bit everyday.

honestly when i was at my leanest i was not allowed to eat fruit by my coach. this was when i was like 5-6% body fat.

however if you want to be at a healthy body fat then fruit is healthy because they contain a lot of vitamins and antioxidants. we know from strong evidence that the vitamin C from fruit will cut the duration of a cold by 50%. so yes you should eat fruit to be healthy.

A little bit of fruit will not do much damage. But if you want to limit your carbs thats one of the first things to go

Fruit will be fine as long as you are not eating it with each of your meals. If you have a couple servings per day there is no issue. Just make sure it fits into your macros. There are some really good health effects from eating fruits like berries and citrus.

Top Bottom