Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Front Squat - just did something stupid

musketeer

I've been taking a lot of time off due to colds and traveling. Been doing light workouts to get back into it gently, but felt good tonight so decided to set some near max singles. I'm a wannabe oly-lifter so:

Did as expected with snatches and C&J - confidently put up close to 75% of my old best lifts and examined the videos to see that my form was pretty good.
Warmed up on squats with some Zerchers and built up to a pull of 150kg out of the rack fairly powerfully.
Took 90kg in the rack and easily front squatted it. Kept adding weight and doing doubles until I was 20kg off my old max and I felt like it was a breeze. For some stupid reason, I thought I'd add another ten kg each side and try to single my old max. WTF was I thinking? It was heavy when I lifted off and as I approached the bottom I knew I wasn't coming up and it caused me to miss the groove for the rebound. I tried to drop the weight forward onto the rack, but somehow managed to catch my elbows on my ribcage and lats. Crushed my wrists against the bar before it hit the spotter-bars. Instantly felt pain and left the bar lying there, workout done.

2 hours later I feel like I've done 50 sets of weighted dips. I've taken 800mg of ibuprofen and it still kills - I hope I can type tomorrow!

I've been taking a lot of time off due to colds and traveling. Been doing light workouts to get back into it gently, but felt good tonight so decided to set some near max singles. I'm a wannabe oly-lifter so:

Did as expected with snatches and C&J - confidently put up close to 75% of my old best lifts and examined the videos to see that my form was pretty good.
Warmed up on squats with some Zerchers and built up to a pull of 150kg out of the rack fairly powerfully.
Took 90kg in the rack and easily front squatted it. Kept adding weight and doing doubles until I was 20kg off my old max and I felt like it was a breeze. For some stupid reason, I thought I'd add another ten kg each side and try to single my old max. WTF was I thinking? It was heavy when I lifted off and as I approached the bottom I knew I wasn't coming up and it caused me to miss the groove for the rebound. I tried to drop the weight forward onto the rack, but somehow managed to catch my elbows on my ribcage and lats. Crushed my wrists against the bar before it hit the spotter-bars. Instantly felt pain and left the bar lying there, workout done.

2 hours later I feel like I've done 50 sets of weighted dips. I've taken 800mg of ibuprofen and it still kills - I hope I can type tomorrow!

Jesus mate!!! Hope you get better soon, live and learn i guess, but some things are meant to happen, today i think i fucked my right shoulder, couple hours after my workout and it's already feeling weird...

sorry to hear you hurt yourself and in the one place that scares me the most. I guess I'll not be messing with front squats with the Oly stance.

Ouch dude! What is your max front squat? Front squats always scare me when I'm tired doing them, I always feel like something bad is going to happen.

Got a nice set of bruises on the inside of my wrists - never had those before! Plus the crooks of my elbows kill from the Zerchers, so I'm pretty much out of action except for squats - could be worse! Could have saved myself the accident by just sitting back down when I failed, instead of trying to tip forward and drop the weight - the rack would have saved me.

Weight was 160kg (352lb) so not massive, but enough to strain the wrists when supported just by he fingers.

Got a nice set of bruises on the inside of my wrists - never had those before! Plus the crooks of my elbows kill from the Zerchers, so I'm pretty much out of action except for squats - could be worse! Could have saved myself the accident by just sitting back down when I failed, instead of trying to tip forward and drop the weight - the rack would have saved me.

That would have been a solid workout if it wasn't for the accident. Get well

Top Bottom