Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Friend had laser pointer confiscated at airport, WTF!!

PoyeBoy

Seriously dude this truely gay, a laser pointer, wtf was he going to do with it, shine it in someones eyes? What the hell is next!? cut my arms off becasue they are potentialy leathal weapons, anything can be used as a weapon for fucks sake.

do you think your friend can continue to live his life?

I know that if such a thing ever happened to me, I'd wish a swift death upon myself pretty much immediately.

Hey those things are dangerous. I made a guy piss his pants with one of those things!

Try to understand that those people finally have a little power and are drunk on it. It will fade and they will once again realize what they truly are.

PoyeBoy said:
Seriously dude this truely gay, a laser pointer, wtf was he going to do with it, shine it in someones eyes? What the hell is next!? cut my arms off becasue they are potentialy leathal weapons, anything can be used as a weapon for fucks sake.

Whether you like it or not laser pointers can be used to cause eye damage even from a distance. Given the 911 tragedy I think it is right to confiscate such things.

You might think it is over-reacting but if somebody had thought to misuse one on a plane everybody would have been complaining about it getting onto the plane in the first place.

my friend was crushed because it took him three weeks of taping episodes of full house and blossom to afford that godsend

Re: Re: Friend had laser pointer confiscated at airport, WTF!!

Imnotdutch said:

Whether you like it or not laser pointers can be used to cause eye damage even from a distance. Given the 911 tragedy I think it is right to confiscate such things.

You might think it is over-reacting but if somebody had thought to misuse one on a plane everybody would have been complaining about it getting onto the plane in the first place.

From my understanding, you have not had to go through the security in the US where common sense has been thrown out of the window. Why then would you support such frivolous abuse of power by the rent-a-cops?

PoyeBoy said:

shut up man, i'd rather have tight security than lose security and so would you...and everyone else here

so stop the bitching, go to this ebay auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2051244207

buy 100 of them, so every time your asshole friend is dumb enough to take a laser pointer with him and have it confiscated, when EVERYONE knows damn well that they'll take away anything even remotely dangerous...you have another one as backup.

Re: Re: Re: Friend had laser pointer confiscated at airport, WTF!!

2Thick said:

From my understanding, you have not had to go through the security in the US where common sense has been thrown out of the window. Why then would you support such frivolous abuse of power by the rent-a-cops?

You are right I havent been through US customs............it just seems to me that right now is not the time to ask for leniant customs (almost the 911 anniversary).

Re: Re: Friend had laser pointer confiscated at airport, WTF!!

t3c said:

shut up man, i'd rather have tight security than lose security and so would you...and everyone else here

so stop the bitching, go to this ebay auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2051244207

buy 100 of them, so every time your asshole friend is dumb enough to take a laser pointer with him and have it confiscated, when EVERYONE knows damn well that they'll take away anything even remotely dangerous...you have another one as backup.

Yes, that's it. Give up you freedom for a false sense of security. You are truly an American.

Top Bottom