Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

fried chicken honestly!

stevesmi

Head Mod
Elite Moderator
I haven't had it in years, YES YEARS!!

does anyone on here eat it say once a week? i am on cycle and my hunger is through the roof and its getting frustrating buying meat and then having it go bad in my fridge.. it would be so much easier if i bought it already cooked and the grocery store i shop has fried chicken freshly made daily.

however I'm concerned about screwing up my diet.. be honest, does anyone on here eat fried chicken and get away with it? i will take off the skin and outside and just eat the actual meat. it would really cut down on cooking and food going bad. today i had to throw away some organic ground beef and it ticked me off.. $8 down the drain, and i hate throwing away meat for moral reasons as well. i need more options, but have to stay healthy

does anyone on here eat it say once a week? i am on cycle and my hunger is through the roof and its getting frustrating buying meat and then having it go bad in my fridge.. it would be so much easier if i bought it already cooked and the grocery store i shop has fried chicken freshly made daily.

however I'm concerned about screwing up my diet.. be honest, does anyone on here eat fried chicken and get away with it? i will take off the skin and outside and just eat the actual meat. it would really cut down on cooking and food going bad. today i had to throw away some organic ground beef and it ticked me off.. $8 down the drain, and i hate throwing away meat for moral reasons as well. i need more options, but have to stay healthy
try cooking in bulk, most meat will last a few days in the fridge. I like to buy in bulk take out what i need for the next few days and freeze the rest in portions that will last me the same. Are you bulking or cutting? I'm sure some fried chicken once a week would be fine but the problem with me is when I eat stuff like that i tend to go overboard and get carried away so I try to keep it clean as possible

If your hunger is through the roof, how are you letting meat go bad?

Cook and eat that shit :)

Are you not freezing the meat you aren't using? I keep it in the feezer and take it out, put it in the fridge one day before I plan on cooking it.

Also, most grocery stores have full rotisserie chickens or turkeys, why not buy one of those every day instead of the fried stuff?

Seriously, precook everything. Most meats will stay good for at least seven days precooked in the fridge.

And BTW, what's wrong with your freezer? :confused:

For example, there are tons of recipes for oven baked "fried chicken" that is low fat and will taste pretty good cold (actually, if you're famished it'll taste freaking awesome).

Publix mojo rotisserie chicken is the greatest thing ever.

I eat 1/2 of a chicken for lunch a few times per week. I never get tired of it.

I know you're in Fla, so you should make a point of trying it :D

not a fan of the rottiserie from publix.. what they put in it.. the msg, etc. always makes me sick and feel like crap.

i think my best bet is to cut up some chicken and freeze it.. then throw it in the oven and bake it for 30 minutes.. thanks for the suggestions. i need to get me some decent knives next lol i am very kitchen challenged.

I love fried chicken. Love it.

I have made my daughter promise me that when I am old (older) in a nursing home she will bring me fried chicken once a week.

If I have fried chicken and gin and tonics, I am pretty sure I won't care that my dick does not work and I am a wrinkled up old man.

remember my 'before' pics from 12 weeks ago...?
that was the product of powerlifting, and a TON of unclean food...
will i do it again.... YES.... i just love eating good tasting (bad for you) food....
once a week, even with the skin on, would probably not be that bad....

It's called a freezer sweetheart, get to know it :)

Kitchen advice:
Just get one good chef's knife- that's all you really need, a 12"-14" nicely weighted stainless blade that goes right into the handle.
Cutting board (not too small)
rice cooker for easy brown rice
bake a few whole sweet potatoes at a time and reheat in microwave
buy chicken/meat/fish in bulk and spend some time portioning it into ziploc freezer bags, and freeze it
Slow cookers are great for "set it and forget it" convenience

I went to cooking school, so if you have any cooking questions, shoot me a message anytime.

Top Bottom