Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Free Day Blues!

curvymommy

Cuddle Club
Platinum
I really took the day off today. I had to take my DK's to another kid's party and have just been hanging out with family. Which is all good.

BUT...

Pizza, ice cream and totally skipping the gym do NOT feel like a celebration of life to me. It was fun at first but now I'm ready to make my eating plan for next week and get back to the gym tomorrow.

I'm not sure how much is mental and how much is physical but I really think eating crap makes me feel crappy, LOL!

Oh well, live and learn. It's gonna be a great week.

Sounds to me like you are DEAD ON.

Eating crappy after eating clean for "X" amount of time will definitely impact you physically. It is NOT a mental thing. And the fact that this break made you feel even more enthused about getting back to business for the week = mission accomplished and just another reason why YOU NEED a cheat (I recommend one day a week) and time off from training (for example one day on/one day off... two days on/one day off, etc). This gives your body time to recover and keeps your metabolism from adjusting.

BIKINIMOM said:

Eating crappy after eating clean for "X" amount of time will definitely impact you physically. It is NOT a mental thing. And the fact that this break made you feel even more enthused about getting back to business for the week = mission accomplished and just another reason why YOU NEED a cheat (I recommend one day a week) and time off from training (for example one day on/one day off... two days on/one day off, etc). This gives your body time to recover and keeps your metabolism from adjusting.
Agreed. It is more physical than mental. Your body is not used to it.
Good post Kinimom

BIKINIMOM said:

It really deepened my appreciation for eating right. Thanks so much, you are awesome :bigkiss:

curvymommy said:
I really took the day off today. I had to take my DK's to another kid's party and have just been hanging out with family. Which is all good.

BUT...

Pizza, ice cream and totally skipping the gym do NOT feel like a celebration of life to me. It was fun at first but now I'm ready to make my eating plan for next week and get back to the gym tomorrow.

I'm not sure how much is mental and how much is physical but I really think eating crap makes me feel crappy, LOL!

Oh well, live and learn. It's gonna be a great week.

Eating crap WILL make u feel crappy. It's fun until about an hour later--- that's how it goes for me, anyway.
It happened to me a lot when I was pregnant. I did a really good job with eating clean but gave into a few cravings and it made me feel like hell. I felt bloated and sluggish about an hour later EVERY DAMN TIME.
It sounds like you have a great attitude about it. Plus, with what you have already done with ur body and the changes you have proven to yourself that you can make.... no way but up for you. Just keep on truckin'. :)

This is why a cheat meal is recommended over the entire day. It messes with your system I think and is harder to get back on track!

Gymgurl said:
This is why a cheat meal is recommended over the entire day. It messes with your system I think and is harder to get back on track!

Amen (sorry to get religious, lol!) to that. Toxic stuff that freakin ice cream is. :evil: Thanks!

Gymgurl said:

Firm believer in not having a cheat meal all at once; it's enough to knock me flat, feeling awful.

everytime I eat bad, I feel terrible.
Your body is used to not having the toxins, so when you eat bad, your body is trying to detox. You'll feel terrible when your organs are detoxing.

Top Bottom