Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

Found my 14 yr old cousins gun

rudeboyja

New member
He was staying with me this weekend & I found it in his bag (along with some empty dime size baggies. My 1st instinct was to kick his ass and then go drop him off in the middle of the city at night. His father comes back today and I have to decide how to handle it because i'm sure he doesn't know. Any ideas what I should do?
 
WODIN said:
Give it to his father.


I was kind of hoping to do something myself and tell his father in about a month. Since the boys mom died a few years back he's been gettin in a little trouble & i've always been able to help. Seems he's graduating to bigger trouble. I know he has a right to know, but I just think this will destroy their relationship. Would it be wrong of my to try to handle it myself?
 
newbiebynature said:
take that gun and shoot him in his face before he starts killing people

bro let's stop the hate, shall we.

tough situation, rudeboyja, but hopefully we all agree that his pops has to know, sooner or later. and since you shouldn't depend on the kid to bring it up, that means you'll have to tell him. as for holding off...ehh...sounds complicated, right?

what kind of people are the kid and his father? it seems like you have a good relationship with the kid...what will the father do once he knows?

in any case, i think informing dad is probably the best thing to do. he may not like that you waited a month to tell him. maybe you can still help, but after letting the man know, and staying in line with what he sees fit. before you tell the father, though, you might consider talking to the kid about it (if he's mature enough, etc.) and letting him know that his father has to be informed...that may help preserve your relationship with the kid.
 
First of all, take the gun and bullets(if it's loaded) and seperate the two.
Check the chamber. Secon, how old are you. If your not much older than him, tell his father. When his father arrives, give him the gun, but not the bullets. Somthing bad could happen :Chef: :tuc:
 
jackangel said:
bro let's stop the hate, shall we.

tough situation, rudeboyja, but hopefully we all agree that his pops has to know, sooner or later. and since you shouldn't depend on the kid to bring it up, that means you'll have to tell him. as for holding off...ehh...sounds complicated, right?

what kind of people are the kid and his father? it seems like you have a good relationship with the kid...what will the father do once he knows?

in any case, i think informing dad is probably the best thing to do. he may not like that you waited a month to tell him. maybe you can still help, but after letting the man know, and staying in line with what he sees fit. before you tell the father, though, you might consider talking to the kid about it (if he's mature enough, etc.) and letting him know that his father has to be informed...that may help preserve your relationship with the kid.



I know his father has to know. I kind of want to ease the situation first, maybe even have the kid tell him. I do care about my cousin. He kind of reminds me of me in the fact he has had to overcome a lot early in life.

Knowing his dad, I just know he'll make a bad situation worse even though his intensions are good.
 
chefbone said:
First of all, take the gun and bullets(if it's loaded) and seperate the two.
Check the chamber. Secon, how old are you. If your not much older than him, tell his father. When his father arrives, give him the gun, but not the bullets. Somthing bad could happen :Chef: :tuc:


I did take the gun and took the clip out. I'm 32 & used to be a knucklehead when I was that same age. I think what I will do 1st is talk to him, then i'll run him until he throws up, and afterwards take him to the gravesites of 2 of my friends who were in the drug game when we were teenagers and got murdered.

My delimma is what to do about telling the father.
 
rudeboyja said:
I did take the gun and took the clip out. I'm 32 & used to be a knucklehead when I was that same age. I think what I will do 1st is talk to him, then i'll run him until he throws up, and afterwards take him to the gravesites of 2 of my friends who were in the drug game when we were teenagers and got murdered.

My delimma is what to do about telling the father.
Since you're quite a bit older you have a few options. One, he may show a little more respect to you because you're not his Dad. So talk to him really fuggin' good. Give him some tough love. Second, just tell his Dad about it.
Your cousin may not respect so much after this though. Either way, tell his Dad so a suitable punishment can be implemented. :Chef: :tuc:
 
I would sit his father down and tell him as soon as you see him.

there is no way a 14 year old should carry a gun.
 
just pistol whip him
 
chefbone said:
Since you're quite a bit older you have a few options. One, he may show a little more respect to you because you're not his Dad. So talk to him really fuggin' good. Give him some tough love. Second, just tell his Dad about it.
Your cousin may not respect so much after this though. Either way, tell his Dad so a suitable punishment can be implemented. :Chef: :tuc:



yea,what he said...talk to the kid first .
 
stop the hate? im not hating on anyone...that kid is fucking dangerous...and you say hes getting into a lil trouble? shit man i consider having a gun at the age of 14 ALOT of trouble
 
I think you should make the kid tell him when you are there might be easier to diffuse the situation that way.
 
if you're going to hold off on telling the father, don't delay more than 2-3 days, or some short period of time. definitely not one month.
 
Why not call the police over and show them what you found. Let them run the numbers on the gun. It may have been used in crimes. The crimes my have been perpetrated by this kid.
What your dealing with is a violent drug user. Why such a soft hand?
If you don't tell his father right off the bat you are being very disrespectfull to him!
I would drive that kid to the police station and make him turn that shit into the cops.
They will scare the hell out of him. They will make him rat on the drug dealers. Everyone will know its him. He will not be able to buy drugs anyplace after that.
If you don't handle this right this kid could wind up dead shortly!
 
slat1 said:
Why not call the police over and show them what you found. Let them run the numbers on the gun. It may have been used in crimes. The crimes my have been perpetrated by this kid.
What your dealing with is a violent drug user. Why such a soft hand?
If you don't tell his father right off the bat you are being very disrespectfull to him!
I would drive that kid to the police station and make him turn that shit into the cops.
They will scare the hell out of him. They will make him rat on the drug dealers. Everyone will know its him. He will not be able to buy drugs anyplace after that.
If you don't handle this right this kid could wind up dead shortly!

I agree. 14 years old you know right from wrong. This kid is not going to repsond to a "talking to."

If it were, me, the choice would be Military school or Juvie. he gets to make the choice.

Otherwise he is dead or a stone junkie before he is 18.


Bluesman
 
rudeboyja said:
I was kind of hoping to do something myself and tell his father in about a month. Since the boys mom died a few years back he's been gettin in a little trouble & i've always been able to help. Seems he's graduating to bigger trouble. I know he has a right to know, but I just think this will destroy their relationship. Would it be wrong of my to try to handle it myself?


I think it would be wrong.

What if in a month he is dead from a drug deal gone bad? Talk about a guilt trip.

I would have a talk with him and tell him what you are going to do and why you are going to do it. Let him know that you are concerned.
 
this guy needs to be sorted out, and fast. if you do nothing, he'll be well and truly on the wrong path, and will be screwed for life, or killed. if you tell the father and he mishandles it, he might block his father out and be left without an effective parent, in which case, same outcome as scenario number one.

the grave idea was a good one. taking the gun is a good one. depending on their character, beating the shit out of them (i mean a proper beating, black and blue, life changing type beating) might be a good idea, but not if they stay away from you forever.

its totally subjective. imo, call a youth support centre, and have a chat for a while..
 
I was a stupid kid too once, got in trouble repeatedly (non violent), wound up in juvie a couple of times. The first time there I called my dad, he said he coulda just brought me home, but wanted to teach me a lesson and hung up. Is that tough love, maybe, but I learned that I couldn't trust my dad. Every situation that I was in where he coulda reached out he pulled back and acted out of "tough love". I have serious trust issues with him now, I don't even speak to him anymore, and when I speak about him I am full of hatred. I eventually got my sht straightened out but w/ no help from him. The kid may still be impressionable, I don't know about turning him in, but you could have your talk w/ him in fron of the police station, and ask him what HE wants to do from this point on. Then take him to the cemetary. You can turn in the gun anonomously. The dad def needs to know right away, If you think you will handle it better, maybe talk to the kid first, but its not your kid. I might be pissed if you tried to school my kid w/ out me knowin whats up. If you don't trust the dad w/ the info the kid will see it.

Just my .02
 
tks for all the advice. I guess I have to stop looking at it from my personal point of view. I've thought about it and think he needs to be held accountable immeaditely & I will tell his Father right away. I'll leave it up to him if he wants to get the police involved.

I guess I was being soft because I was a wanna be thug back when I was 14 (I did have a gun then too). It took me about a year to grow out of it. Put you all are right, what if something happens that I could have prevented.

Thanks
 
I would have taken all of it. what's he going to do, ask you if you took it? if he does, just deny it. then you have a gun that you don't have to worry about being linked to you

Whiskey
 
The father definately needs to know. Since you are close with him you should have a talk with him and take him out to the graves of your two friends. Be firm with him but stay buddies, try to find out why he had the gun where he got it, etc. He most likely won't tell his dad all that.
Finally explain to him that since he such a man now that he has to carry a gun HE is the one who will be telling his father when he gets home. Make sure he tells him first thing and in front of you. If I was the dad I would be royally pissed off at you if you waited to tell me. This situation needs to be handled immediately.
Either way good luck.
 
slat1 said:
Why not call the police over and show them what you found. Let them run the numbers on the gun. It may have been used in crimes. The crimes my have been perpetrated by this kid.
What your dealing with is a violent drug user. Why such a soft hand?
If you don't tell his father right off the bat you are being very disrespectfull to him!
I would drive that kid to the police station and make him turn that shit into the cops.
They will scare the hell out of him. They will make him rat on the drug dealers. Everyone will know its him. He will not be able to buy drugs anyplace after that.
If you don't handle this right this kid could wind up dead shortly!

I wouldn't do that. When the word gets out that he is a rat, he could wind up dead very soon.
 
rudeboyja said:
He was staying with me this weekend & I found it in his bag (along with some empty dime size baggies. My 1st instinct was to kick his ass and then go drop him off in the middle of the city at night. His father comes back today and I have to decide how to handle it because i'm sure he doesn't know. Any ideas what I should do?

You're not the kids father -- the father is.

Bring it up with the fatehr and read him the riot act. He's responsible for the kid, and thus it's his responsibility.

His irresponsibility set up a sitaution where, no matter how remote the possibility -- u could've been killed. You should be livid.

Tell him not having direct involvement in your kids life, is akin to letting him loose in the woods to go raise himself. If he can't raise him properly -- give him to someone who can.
 
Top Bottom