Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

For the 30 something crowd with kids!

BeachBuff - - the bowie knife game is called "Spread"? We used to play that. My brothers & I used to collect pocket knives & target shoot alot w/ our BB guns. Get this - I was a crossing guard in 6th grade. You had to be nominated to get the position - apparently the teachers would get together & determine which of all the kids were "reliable" or whatever. So the end of the school year rolls around & they give us these little award placques for a year of service (mind you, this is in northern Minnesota ... standing out there so all the little kids can get to & from school safely in -30 degrees!). And guess what they give us as well ... engraved pocket knives!

Yes times have changed. Did you hear about the kid who got suspended from school because they found a nail file in her car? The school was a "zero weapons tolerance zone".

Yep, times have changed.

MrsPuddlesFL said:
And don't forget, TV's had dials without remote controls and they were housed in huge wooden cabinets made to be a piece of furniture. How did men channel surf back then?

LOL... I loved my parents old TV! Especially all 6 stations!
That's including PBS.
I remember layin in the floor at arms length just in case cartoons went off and I had to find something else.

Oh....I almost forgot.

I'm sure we've all done our version of "Fear Factor" as well.
Either see who can jump from the highest point in the tree, or dare the goofy kid to eat something disgusting.

Going outside is what I loved the most when I was little. Still love it. When my wife and I decide to have kids, we'll definately show them how to have fun outdoors.
Then they can take that knowledge and almost kill themselves with it like we all did. :)

I'll never forget digging in the yard at night to get the nightcrawlers (really big worms that come out at night) to go fishing with. There was a pond on the local golf course (Pond 4 it was called) & I walked with my bucked & pole thru the course while people were golfing to go fish for sunnys.

I had the dumb kid next door convinced that the mud I made was chocolate ice cream! He was gonna eat it, but I wouldn't let him.

Here's a good'un.....Real simple and full of memories....heh heh heh

Mini-Bikes and muffler burns on the leg....<evil snicker>

Ranger

Yep, still carry that scar proudly. Inner calf, left leg. Hurt like a son-of-b...when it happened. One of my biggest and best scars, actually. Heeheehee
My Dad and I used to catch grasshoppers and crickets and fish in the Mississippi when I was REAL young. We only lived there for 6 months, but some of my best fishing memories.
And I think kids should learn how to have fun outside before they are given the right to sit down and waste their lives with video games and TV. I think they should know the joy that being outside can bring them so that then they can decide whether to sit on their duff or go have some fun and make some scars.
Sassy-I actually could not remember what it was called, but sounded like what he described. I rarely played it after I got my rump tanned for the shoe incident. I think you are right though. Your school gave you a knife. Okay, that is too cool. Girl Scouts was the closest I came to that. Heehee
BB

Humid summer evenings and the first time you held the hand of a girl, or guy and prayed to God she/he didn't notice how sweaty your hands were....heh heh heh

Ranger

Top Bottom