Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

???for riskybizz

lanky

Since an antibiotic supresses protien formation to kill bacteria and other micro-organisms, could it hinder muscle protien synthesis???

"Inhibition of protein synthesis by bacteria or production of abnormal bacterial proteins (ex. aminoglycosides, erythromycin, etc etc.) These drugs bind irreversably to bacterial ribosomes, intracellular structures that synthesize proteins. When antimicrobial drugs are bound to the ribosomes, bacteria cannot synthesize the proteins necessary for cell walls and other structures."

Considering this is a broad spectrum antibiotic and it will destroy both good and bad cells, protein will not reach some of the cells/bacteria b/c it will supress protein synthesis in susceptible cells.

How bad is the suppression of protein synthesis? i have no idea. I do know obviously your body is not functioning optimally during this period. Most people when their immune system is below optimal eat more protein b/c good cells use a lot of it. Some say that's why people end up losing weight during these times, your metabolic rate increases (usually) and protein gets utilized at higher degree. (so to increase protein IMO just sounds logical)

i don't even know if i answered your question lol. hope you found this useful, if not i'll have to hit the book again.

Top Bottom