Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

For all bouncers or (floor security attendants)

The drunker and more loud they get, the easier they are to take out. Just remember you most places have rules about how you can react to people inside the bar. NJ is a pain in the ass with law suits and shit like that.. All in all I am sure you will have a great time. I was never the biggest guy at the bars I worked at but, at a well worked bar by the time there is a problem there will be four guys on top of the problem....

Dude i'v done the door at A couple of my friends bars and I'm not A big guy at all.I'm only 5'4 but I weigh 215 Wrestle and judo.The key is talking and keeping A cool head.I think bigger guys that bounce have more of A tough time becuasethere either on the power trip thing or other guys want to see how tough they are.The key is to make sure that the patrons are kept safe.Fight may be the inevatable but your wrestling skills should take care of that .I would if I were you think about taking some judo to learn some chokes and submission skills .cause A good arm bar well stop anybody.

Whatever you do don't be an asshole bouncer like some of theses guys are (not saying anything about anyone here)....nobody likes a cocky bouncer those are the ones that get hurt and do stupid shit.....keep a level head and act accordingly....someone gets in your face, deal with it the right way...don't let male pride take over, people will sue your ass.....sometimes it will be hard to talk to a drunk asshole but don't do anything you'll regret like punching a guys teeth out cause he said you were a pussy.....Besides that have fun and just watch and listen to all of the things people say...some of it is hilarious......good luck

What places are you looking to bounce at in the bay area?? Any places in San Fran?

Try to work at the "rolling clubs" (more people on E and fewer drinkers) . . . . you will never have problems with people that are high but you will always have problems with drinkers.

For the most part, just be cool with the patrons (talk to them and be social so they will never give you any shit)

The Doc

hehehe no matter whats said here when you go on the door the first time you and the guys working with you will know weather you'll 'cut the mustard'. Just trust you instincts. But remember your only as good as the guy beside you !. If you ever do a runner, go home, give up the game and NEVER put your hand out for a bouncer's money again. Everyone is born with one of two instincts when faced with danger 'fight or flight', their your instincts. If you fight, but deal keep keep a cool head. If you flight, it's no shame unless you pretend otherwise.
Good luck with the new door.
Bouncer

Thanks a lot for all your replies

Thank you,

Your replies were well recieved and I will take them to heart, and I will remember to act assertively but not agressively...

Sincerely,
Snooker

the best advice was given by CN1 and bouncer. You need a good crew. When I worked as one I was fortunate to have crews of guys who would have your back no matter what. Its a good feeling and it'll give you more confidence during the evening. Hope these guys are the same for you.

Top Bottom