Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

food containing steroids and pregnancy

RosaMelcy

I'm expecting a baby and some info on tv and online warns pregnant women from consuming chickens wings since it's the piece of the chicken with the highest concentration of steroids , I was wondering if farm red meat shouldn't be eaten either by pregnant women since some farmers fatten up cows with steroids and other chemicals, thank you boys.

You are completely correct. Part of the reason children are going through puberty at younger and younger ages is because of the hormones in the meat we consume. That goes for all meat - poultry, pork, red meat etc.

Not only that, commercially raised meat is also given antibiotics. When we eat the animals, the antibiotics effect us as well and kill the beneficial bacteria in our digestive systems.

By law, organic meat is not allowed to be given antibiotics or hormones. It's quite a bit more expensive then regular meat but if you are pregnant, I think it's well worth the investment.

with poultry always go with step 2 or above and with beef step 4 and above. you won't find either at walmart or your big name super market. gotta buy from a health food store

with eggs always check to make sure there is a humane friendly sticker and it also says pasture raised. if you have both on there you are g2g with them. you will notice a HUGE difference in the taste vs. your cheap 1.99 eggs

I am pretty sure that hormones cannot be used on chickens. I could be wrong but I remember a podcast discussing this topic. Poultry is different than beef when it comes to regulations.

While it is true that most of the meat we consume from the stores are grown with steroids and antibiotics, I think that its not as bad as we think.

You cook the meat and all those things lose the potency. Its not like people eat chicken and get jacked because chicken was raised on steroids..

Top Bottom