Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Florencia Begins THE SHADOW PROJECT

que_66 said:
When you were preppin for comp didn't you lunge walk around your yard?
and wasn't it you that lunge walked down the street?

Ohhhh yeahhhhhh.......I did walking lunges up the hill 2 blocks up and got dumb-ass comments from an old lady..... :lmao: almost forgot about that!!

Flor - I'm doing well thank you!! Got a good back/biceps workout in.... And yes - the 40/30/30 thing is the ratio of Protein/Carbs/Fat in total at the end of the day....I use www.fitday.com to track my foods....

jenscats5 said:
Ohhhh yeahhhhhh.......I did walking lunges up the hill 2 blocks up and got dumb-ass comments from an old lady..... :lmao: almost forgot about that!!

Flor - I'm doing well thank you!! Got a good back/biceps workout in.... And yes - the 40/30/30 thing is the ratio of Protein/Carbs/Fat in total at the end of the day....I use www.fitday.com to track my foods....
I am laughing at you lunging up the hill! I would probably do something like that! In fact I have in smaller proportions! :)

Last edited:
florencia said:
I am laughing at you lunging up the hill! I would probably do seomthing like that! In fact I have in smaller proportions! :)

What's funnier is some old lady looked at me & said something like "What kind of exercise is that?? That's not going to do anything!" Uhhhh, shup lady....
;)

jenscats5 said:
What's funnier is some old lady looked at me & said something like "What kind of exercise is that?? That's not going to do anything!" Uhhhh, shup lady....
;)
Yes old lady, like she knows anything about BB.
How much BF do you think is a normal loss weekly in Shadow's program? Did you read my post on my Bf test?

Last edited:
Sassy69 said:
If doing the lunges w/ the bar is hard on your shoulders you can go to dumbbells.
Thanks for the idea, I don't knw why I thought it would be a better workout! I got my Bf measured today, I am unhappy! There seem to be so different in one place and another! I actually thought my back was oretty lean, from when I see it on mirrors at gym and in kitchen, overhead light seems to do wonders on upper body!

what? DId I just read in the puppy log that you had a bad day... thats NO GOOD!!! cheer up sweet :heart: !!!!!!! :D

jenscats5 said:
When I first came to this board, Jen was in pre comp. I loved the image of someone "lunging" up the street! lol Told my bf I was going to do that and he got really upset with me!!! :lmao: Didn't want the neighbors talking!!! :lmao: Takes some guts!

....and 18% ain't nothin' to sneeze at, Girl! :)

florencia said:
Thanks for the idea, I don't knw why I thought it would be a better workout! I got my Bf measured today, I am unhappy! There seem to be so different in one place and another! I actually thought my back was oretty lean, from when I see it on mirrors at gym and in kitchen, overhead light seems to do wonders on upper body!

What I don't like about exercises that put a bar on my shoulders for a long time is that it starts to cut the circulation to my arms... But with the dumbbells there isn't that pressure and you can go longer - I do 4 x 50 steps (25 steps to the end of the hall, turn around, back).

You can also do reverse lunges (stay in the same place but step backwards) or regular lunges in place. I just find the bar limits the duration of 1 "set".

RE: bodyfat-- its just a number. But it is a ratio of your bodyfat to lean muscle mass - I don't think you are "fat"-- if you continue to increase your muscle mass, that ratio will drop. The different measures also help show you where your body tends to hold its bodyfat and / or water. I tend to hold a lot of fat & water, particularly water in my triceps & my calves. (In addition to the usualy waist & thighs) -- so take the measures for what they are worth - they give you some insight into how your body "works". And also shows you where you tend to hold the fat / water, where you would drop bodyfat the fastest or where you are increasign your muscle mass the fastest. Its sort of interesting, but still - it is just a number. What ultimately matters is how you feel, how you look and the changes over time. Its always a "journey" to a goal where the goal is where you always need to focus if you aren't happy with where you are now because where you are now is just a point that you are passing through on your way to your goal!

BTW I had to put your cute little kitty in my signature! TOOO CUTE!

Sassy69 said:
What I don't like about exercises that put a bar on my shoulders for a long time is that it starts to cut the circulation to my arms... But with the dumbbells there isn't that pressure and you can go longer - I do 4 x 50 steps (25 steps to the end of the hall, turn around, back).

You can also do reverse lunges (stay in the same place but step backwards) or regular lunges in place. I just find the bar limits the duration of 1 "set".

RE: bodyfat-- its just a number. But it is a ratio of your bodyfat to lean muscle mass - I don't think you are "fat"-- if you continue to increase your muscle mass, that ratio will drop. The different measures also help show you where your body tends to hold its bodyfat and / or water. I tend to hold a lot of fat & water, particularly water in my triceps & my calves. (In addition to the usualy waist & thighs) -- so take the measures for what they are worth - they give you some insight into how your body "works". And also shows you where you tend to hold the fat / water, where you would drop bodyfat the fastest or where you are increasign your muscle mass the fastest. Its sort of interesting, but still - it is just a number. What ultimately matters is how you feel, how you look and the changes over time. Its always a "journey" to a goal where the goal is where you always need to focus if you aren't happy with where you are now because where you are now is just a point that you are passing through on your way to your goal!

BTW I had to put your cute little kitty in my signature! TOOO CUTE!
Oh Sassy You are so wise!
I will take measurements day before I workout a specific muscle group, before it kind of swells up. Butt is sore like it had not been in a long long time!

Top Bottom