Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Flaxseed oil color vs taste....

vtec96

Ok, I have used several different brands of Flaxseed oil, and the last two seem to be the best so far. My last one was Spectrums, which was cold-pressed organic, etc......

The color was very light yellow. (I heard that if the color is light yellow like this one was, it was the highest quality, and that if it was darker, then it was less quality or maybe just too old?)
However, the tastes was not too good, very strong! Could barely stand it without really putting it in something to cover the taste!

Just yesterday, I bought my first original Barleans brand, highly lignan 12oz liquid, refrigerated..... Well, once I shaked it up pretty good and poured some on a spoon, it was pretty dark brown! I was like this is crappy or just really old! The lable says pressed in 02/01 and good until 06/01! The Spcetrum brand was much lighter than this one!!

However, unlike the Spectrum brand, when i tasted it Straight, it was pretty mild! I was surprised that I could even stand a little of it?

So, is Barleans just better tasting? but why the different color? Maybe something to do with the flax particles? Also the grams of fat are only 11g for Barleans compared to 14g in Spectrum?

Anyone?

A good and "fresh" flax seed oil should not taste bad nor strong

but mild, some say nutty

I don't think the color really matters

Anthrax said:
A good and "fresh" flax seed oil should not taste bad nor strong

but mild, some say nutty

I don't think the color really matters
Thats exactly how it tasted!! Spectrum's was pretty strong.....Not that bad but Barleans is definately more mild and has that nutty taste i guess... Thanks :)

Top Bottom