Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

FLAX seed oil how much and when to take???

RealDeal said:
I've not heard that. Ingestion of fat slows down protein synthesis w/in the body? Can you point me to the source of that information -- I'd be interested to read it.
B]

Not the synthesis, he said "processing", which I would assume refers to the overall slowing of digestion/gastric emptying that fats cause.

im taking flax to increase my energy and stamina, and try to get stronger

will i lose mass taking this..or alot of weight???

goal is to get stronger and faster.

Par Deus said:
Not the synthesis, he said "processing", which I would assume refers to the overall slowing of digestion/gastric emptying that fats cause.
He said fats interfere with the body's "processing" of protein, but unless you've eaten protein just prior to workout or are taking some soon after, fat (flax or other) wouldn't seem to be an issue if he means slowing of digestion, etc. So would a more specific suggestion be to not take your flax oil immediately after working out if you're also taking in protein (as you should be)?

I take my flax in the AM & PM, but my after workout shake consists of juice, protein, creatine & glutamine...no flax.

I would recommend UDO's Choice Oil Blend by Flora over just straigh flax. It is an organic blend of flax and other nutritionally superior oils. It contains flax, sunflower, and sesame seed oils, evening primrose, MCT's, and the bran of rice and oat. It doesn't taste as bad as flax either. Alot of competitive as well as recreational bodybuilders in our area prefer this product.
Personally, I use 1 tablespoon in the am w/ my MRP and another in the pm before bed w/ another MRP.

RealDeal said:
So would a more specific suggestion be to not take your flax oil immediately after working out if you're also taking in protein (as you should be)?

Yes. Though, I have heard it stated that if the fat does not truly blend with the meal, it will just sit on top of your stomach and not actually interfere. I know for a fact that blending an MRP that contains milk will truly blend them, but I don't know about water, sugar, and protein because I don't put it in my post-workout drink.

Top Bottom