Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

Fitted button down shirts, gay or not?

cranny

New member
Well which is it? The wife says she wants to get me one. I've seen some that don't look too bad and some I wouldn't be caught dead in. Basically I'm talking about a button down shirt that's a bit tailored and somewhat snug at the arms. Where would you rate them on the gay-meter?
 
A step up from regular non-tailored button down shirts, but still ranks at the bottom of the pile when it comes to interesting, different, unique men's clothing. The button down shirt is the most drab, mundane, boring piece of men's clothing out there. It has become the official "I'm a young professional and am going out with my friends on Sat night to get wasted and hit on chicks and talk about my portfolio" uniform of the past few years. I've actually gone to some bars/lounges and counted the amount of dudes in button shirts (striped is very popular too) and almost died laughing at the numbers.

Read this:
http://www.thephatphree.com/Features.asp?SectionID=11&StoryID=239&LayoutType=4.37929571489181

Don't get me wrong, a tailored button down shirt in the right color and with the right pants / shoes can look fine in the right environment, just beware of the stigma attached to it.
 
KillahBee said:
A step up from regular non-tailored button down shirts, but still ranks at the bottom of the pile when it comes to interesting, different, unique men's clothing. The button down shirt is the most drab, mundane, boring piece of men's clothing out there. It has become the official "I'm a young professional and am going out with my friends on Sat night to get wasted and hit on chicks and talk about my portfolio" uniform of the past few years. I've actually gone to some bars/lounges and counted the amount of dudes in button shirts (striped is very popular too) and almost died laughing at the numbers.

Read this:
http://www.thephatphree.com/Features.asp?SectionID=11&StoryID=239&LayoutType=4.37929571489181

Don't get me wrong, a tailored button down shirt in the right color and with the right pants / shoes can look fine in the right environment, just beware of the stigma attached to it.
Hey KB, what would you suggest for my wife's 20 yr. class reunion this month?
 
cranny said:
Hey KB, what would you suggest for my wife's 20 yr. class reunion this month?

It depends on what you are comfortable in. I would assume that most people there are your avg. 20yrs-outta-highschool peeps, which means most of the guys will be your average joe wearing avg joe clothes - Dockers with a button down shirt, maybe a blue sports coat with khakis.

I would say get a little stylish. Reunions are about looking better than everyone else, right? lol, you already will have the best body there. I'd say maybe a blazer and pants (suit may be too formal, depending on where it is being held) with some cool, sharp colors. Depends on what you got in the ol closet, but some combo of pants / shirt / jacket that have a cool style to it, with some colors that pop. Like a bright orange shirt with pinstriped choclate brown pants or something
 
patsfan1379 said:
it just looks like a regular shirt?

wtf am I missing here?

Killah looking on point

7261382.jpg
 
KillahBee said:
A step up from regular non-tailored button down shirts, but still ranks at the bottom of the pile when it comes to interesting, different, unique men's clothing. The button down shirt is the most drab, mundane, boring piece of men's clothing out there. It has become the official "I'm a young professional and am going out with my friends on Sat night to get wasted and hit on chicks and talk about my portfolio" uniform of the past few years. I've actually gone to some bars/lounges and counted the amount of dudes in button shirts (striped is very popular too) and almost died laughing at the numbers.

Read this:
http://www.thephatphree.com/Features.asp?SectionID=11&StoryID=239&LayoutType=4.37929571489181

Don't get me wrong, a tailored button down shirt in the right color and with the right pants / shoes can look fine in the right environment, just beware of the stigma attached to it.
style and fashion is a continuum. some look best wearing the classic look (what you call boring, drab and average) and some look better in cutting-edge duds (metro-sexuals?) dont forget its all about personal preference.
 
Do you have a picture of the shirt you are talking about?

Dont take KB's advice. He wears dark dress socks with white tennis shoes. ;-)

You would look great in almost anything, cranny.
 
Smurfy said:
style and fashion is a continuum. some look best wearing the classic look (what you call boring, drab and average) and some look better in cutting-edge duds (metro-sexuals?) dont forget its all about personal preference.


Perhaps you didn't read my first post wear I said it all depends on what you feel comfortable in. The reatest outfit in the world will look like poo if the person wearing it is not comfortable and confident.

And I don't think I would call dockers and a button down nondescript shirt the "classic look".
 
KillahBee said:
Perhaps you didn't read my first post wear I said it all depends on what you feel comfortable in. The reatest outfit in the world will look like poo if the person wearing it is not comfortable and confident.

And I don't think I would call dockers and a button down nondescript shirt the "classic look".

"wear"???

I know you'll try to pass it as a joke on the meaning of the thread

tu hablas inglés???
 
heatherrae said:
Do you have a picture of the shirt you are talking about?

Dont take KB's advice. He wears dark dress socks with white tennis shoes. ;-)

You would look great in almost anything, cranny.
Thanks HR. No, I don't have a pic. Really don't even know where to look for a shirt like this. I've seen them on guys before but never saw them at a clothing store. I'm 36 yrs. old and my wife keeps dressing w/ clothes our boys where from Abercrombie & Fitch, Hollister, and the like. I like the jeans she gets me but I feel like a teenager in some of the shirts.
 
I have to get my shirts tailored.

Anything that fits over my chest is like a trashbag over the rest of my body.

I blame fat people. They are already dead to me.
 
I just want to point out the difference between men and women using this thread as an example (this isn't one is better than the other either).

Heather Rae responded to the thread by saying "you'll look good in anything, cranny". This is what women do. Her response was not helpful nor did it answer the question posed by the thread maker. Women will pander to the emotions behind the situation/words. When a woman sees her friend crying, she does not think, "hmm, let's find out what she is crying about and figure out a plan of action to correct her "cry" response to what this trigger was, in order to improve this person's life". No, she thinks, "friend is crying and under emotional stress! I want to help her not cry right now". same thing with this thread - HeatherRae read the thread and interpreted it as cranny doubting himself in some manner, so she sought to alleviate that doubt by telling him he'd look good in anything.

It's terribly interesting if you ask me. And before you go off all half cocked and illogical-like, HR - this was not meant to be insulting AT ALL. We could alearn something from the way womens approach situations and problems.
 
cranny said:
Thanks HR. No, I don't have a pic. Really don't even know where to look for a shirt like this. I've seen them on guys before but never saw them at a clothing store. I'm 36 yrs. old and my wife keeps dressing w/ clothes our boys where from Abercrombie & Fitch, Hollister, and the like. I like the jeans she gets me but I feel like a teenager in some of the shirts.


I'm 36 also, and I know what you mean. I like a little more refined of a look on a man, too. Start buying your own stuff and go with your own instincts. It sounds like you have good instincts. At 36, a classic, more refined look is very sexy.
 
KillahBee said:
I just want to point out the difference between men and women using this thread as an example (this isn't one is better than the other either).

Heather Rae responded to the thread by saying "you'll look good in anything, cranny". This is what women do. Her response was not helpful nor did it answer the question posed by the thread maker. Women will pander to the emotions behind the situation/words. When a woman sees her friend crying, she does not think, "hmm, let's find out what she is crying about and figure out a plan of action to correct her "cry" response to what this trigger was, in order to improve this person's life". No, she thinks, "friend is crying and under emotional stress! I want to help her not cry right now". same thing with this thread - HeatherRae read the thread and interpreted it as cranny doubting himself in some manner, so she sought to alleviate that doubt by telling him he'd look good in anything.

It's terribly interesting if you ask me. And before you go off all half cocked and illogical-like, HR - this was not meant to be insulting AT ALL. We could alearn something from the way womens approach situations and problems.


agreed
 
KillahBee said:
I just want to point out the difference between men and women using this thread as an example (this isn't one is better than the other either).

Heather Rae responded to the thread by saying "you'll look good in anything, cranny". This is what women do. Her response was not helpful nor did it answer the question posed by the thread maker. Women will pander to the emotions behind the situation/words. When a woman sees her friend crying, she does not think, "hmm, let's find out what she is crying about and figure out a plan of action to correct her "cry" response to what this trigger was, in order to improve this person's life". No, she thinks, "friend is crying and under emotional stress! I want to help her not cry right now". same thing with this thread - HeatherRae read the thread and interpreted it as cranny doubting himself in some manner, so she sought to alleviate that doubt by telling him he'd look good in anything.

It's terribly interesting if you ask me. And before you go off all half cocked and illogical-like, HR - this was not meant to be insulting AT ALL. We could alearn something from the way womens approach situations and problems.
Good post bro. Interesting insight oh' omniscient one.
 
KillahBee said:
I have my shades open and at 11am the sun is directly in the front of my apt. So I think I'll close the shades.
good idea. the mexicans are cutting my grass right now. the service guys for the microwave and the dishwasher just left. my son is still sleeping. and Im still sweaty from the gym. I think Ill close my shades too
 
if youre going to wear a button down shirt, heres a simple question for you: how would they wear it in europe?

those stripey button downs are like killah says - shit. on the other hand, a fitted sort of button down with a nice collar (highest button not too close to the neck OR your bloody bellybutton) with some decent accessories (a nice sort of necklace/watch/ring) and some pants with clean lines, and you can look a million bucks

the other night i wore some honey colored pants and a white linen button down, a silver ring and a small cross on a black leather strap and no bullshit, 3 chicks got whiplash checking me out :p
 
the shirt u mentioned in post #1 and a well tailored to your build blazer will get u long looks of envy and admiration.
 
GoldenDelicious said:
if youre going to wear a button down shirt, heres a simple question for you: how would they wear it in europe?

those stripey button downs are like killah says - shit. on the other hand, a fitted sort of button down with a nice collar (highest button not too close to the neck OR your bloody bellybutton) with some decent accessories (a nice sort of necklace/watch/ring) and some pants with clean lines, and you can look a million bucks

the other night i wore some honey colored pants and a white linen button down, a silver ring and a small cross on a black leather strap and no bullshit, 3 chicks got whiplash checking me out :p

I wore dogtags at one of my parties. Simple sterling silver dogtags (with a little tiny "Gucci" imprinted on them). Didn't even wear em out of my shirt, but they came out every now and then.

I literally had a chick give me a 20 minute speech on how "hot" my outfit was (pretty annoying actually). She sent me an email a few days later STILL talking about the fuggin dogtags and how her "ex boyfriend" is jealous of them and wants a pair.

good times
 
KillahBee said:
I wore dogtags at one of my parties. Simple sterling silver dogtags (with a little tiny "Gucci" imprinted on them). Didn't even wear em out of my shirt, but they came out every now and then.

I literally had a chick give me a 20 minute speech on how "hot" my outfit was (pretty annoying actually). She sent me an email a few days later STILL talking about the fuggin dogtags and how her "ex boyfriend" is jealous of them and wants a pair.

good times
i think you should gimme an online link ;)

i have a buddy who imports bracelets/necklaces out of brazil made out of weird nuts/polished woods (they all look like plastic) that would be AWESOME accessories...fucker is in japan atm, cant wait to ambush him...apart from that, there is a style of spidery, almost goth necklaces you see in eastern european party galleries that are absolutely awesome. ill try find some, been meaning to for a while..

i love how such a small thing can mean so much to the right girl ;P
 
designer dog tags for those who r not in the military......now THAT sounds "geigh"....lol
 
Good point here. Quite insightful indeed.

I don't wear button down shirts much, but what I did notice that fit quite nice is the Custom Fit Ralph Lauren Polo. They've got tons of flashy colors and match well. I've had to get them tailored, but at $20 a shirt, it's worth it.
 
Dog tags---Damn no offense but you have to be kidding...Those were in for like 10 minutes along with the Von Dutch gear...And if your wearing anything with a label that can be read, not cool....i don't care if its prada or Dolce ect...No labels....And because your a big f ck, forget about some of the colors mentioned above...The last thing you want to look is fat....Alot of Bodybuilders look fat when they go out...And they don't have to...

but in the end, it really don't matter much as long as your wife thinks your all that...because of your size you will have guys putting you down no matter what you rock...NO offense to KB but he mentioned above that he goes out and counts what guys are wearing...And this coming from a guy who wears tags...

You want to wear a cool necklace that no one is wearing, get yourself a 26 inch phiten(you see alot of baseball players wearing them)f ck gucci and dolce ect..And these things are $30 and no one will have one on...
 
i know what you are talking about.....a short sleeve button up shirt for clubs and bars during the summer time. the collar is not held down by buttons and you leave it untucked. am i right? i thought these were gay at first but my girlfiend made me go to marshalls and get one when we went to a friends party and they actaully make me look huge and they are comfortable to wear. they are tapered too ,where they are wide up top and slim down towards the waist. the arms are tight too. i bought some buy CK jeans, versace, and DKNY. They are all dark in color and go great with abercrombie jeans. of course a nice watch like an omega complients well too.
 
Top Bottom