Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Fish and flax oil - Q&A

coolcolj

An Interview With Dr. Eric Serrano

http://www.testosterone.net/html/13stron.html

T: The last time I spoke to you, you were very high on fish oil…

DS: That's another one you see results in just a week. Fish oils are very interesting. I use them a great deal for things like dry skin and psoriasis, headaches, etc. Fish oils are a very valuable strength builder, and the way to take them is 6 grams a day. They are very cheap, so I would buy a good quality fish oil like Dale Alexander, but I like Spectrum the best. If I want to increase my strength and lose fat, I will take 6 grams a day, 3 grams a day in divided dosages.

T: Are capsules okay, as opposed to straight oil?

DS: Yes, capsules. One thing I want to tell you, if you take the capsules, take them with food, because if you burp, my God, you can't kiss your girlfriend.

T: A lot of bodybuilders use flax seed oil and borage. How would you compare these to the fish oils?

DS: I think flax oil is excellent for health. I think everybody should use a little bit of it. For health, I recommend 1 teaspoon per hundred pounds; if I have someone over 35 years old, you take one tablespoon per hundred pounds, plus 6 grams of fish oil.

T: Why would the fish oil make me stronger?

DS: I wish I could tell you. We don't know exactly why it makes you burn fat, either. These mechanisms are uncertain at this time. You can call Porter Cotrell, who I work with, and you can ask him how much fat he has lost for the last three of four contests just by taking both flax seed oil and fish oil.

fish oils is said to be better than flax seed oil (the conversion to EPA is more effective)

ues, mostly omega 3s (EPA and DHA)

so would you say that supplementing with Dr.Udo's would be sufficient in getting all the necessary fat's you need from Fish oil and Flax oil?

Iwan2bsolid2,
UDO's is a good blend with all the necessary fatty acids.
But fish oil and flax seed oil are richer in omega 3s

Manu,
cod liver oil is not as good as fish oil or flax seed oil since there are few omega 3s in cod liver oil

I am taking flax seed oil and was taking cod liver oil in capsules.
I will search for some fish oil.

Thank you Anthrax

Anthrax said:
cod liver oil is not as good as fish oil or flax seed oil since there are few omega 3s in cod liver oil

Cod is a great source of omega 3's (would be better than flax because you do not run into the issues with conversion to EPA/DHA). The reason you run into problems with cod liver oil is because it is very rich in vitamins A and D to the point where you risk vitamin toxicity if consuming adequate doses.

Anthrax, I noticed that the Udo's has 6.4 grms of Omega 6 per tbsp, and only 3grms of Omega 3's, so how much Udo's would you recomend taking to get the 6grams of fish oil? 1 or 2 tbsp?

thanks...

Top Bottom