Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Final pics from my cycle

Hey steve, how old are you? Im 38 6'2" 202 w 13% bf. i look great feel great but i too light to lift heavy to add more strength to my game as i am an athlete but i feel the same as you when i try to go big infind my joints and shit start hurtin. Is that because of age? Cuz i feel awesome when i back it down and get a good pump and mild soreness.

Hey steve, how old are you? Im 38 6'2" 202 w 13% bf. i look great feel great but i too light to lift heavy to add more strength to my game as i am an athlete but i feel the same as you when i try to go big infind my joints and shit start hurtin. Is that because of age? Cuz i feel awesome when i back it down and get a good pump and mild soreness.

i'm early 30's.. my joints actually feel great. its the soft tissue in my back and neck that will bother me if i pound away too heavy.

its age, but its also years of pounding taking its toll. just imagine a bone having cartilage on it, and you rubbing that cartilage over time with sand paper.. thats what happens when you lift heavy. over time it will start hurting slowly but surely. its not a sudden injury, its a gradual thing that sneaks up on you. in the gym your adrenaline is so high that you don't notice pain, its the aftermath.

so definately consider going lighter as you get older, it will help your soft tissue problems

if you have joint issues you need to up your omega's.. at your height i'm not surprised you have joint issues, it seems to be a problem for taller guys. consider krill oil and drinking a tablespoon of extra virgin pure olive oil. (many olive oils contain mostly veggie oil so make sure you get the legit olive oil, if it costs $3 for a whole bottle of it then its probably not pure)

Ya that and i have played baseball and soccer since i was 3 to now so ya i see what ur saying. Can i just throw the olive oil in my protein shake i dont think i could do it straight. And my body is pretty solid. Only wrists and elbows hurt when heavy lifting. I have backed down workouts for that reason like flat bench 225 6 sets 12 reps. Incline press w 50 lb dumbells as opposed to 70-80 and doing 5 sets 10-15 "always push myself". It helps. I just have to drop the weights up the reps. I dont grow as much but my muscles are hard and strong so at 38 wwhat more could you ask for right? Lol.

thanks, right now I am too obsessed with strength and bulking up.

I have always been a powerlifter #1. as i've gotten older I have found out that lifting heavy weights hasn't always been the most healthy thing for the soft tissues of my neck and back. so i've backed off.. but I'm stubborn and i still love throwing 350 on there and benching while the dude next to me is way bigger and can't even do 300. and I tend to wreck my leg muscles doing heavy sets for 6 reps on the squat rack to the point where I can't walk for a day.

I'm learning though that getting a nice pump and feeling that gentle soreness is just as satisfying as throwing around heavy weights. and it does feel better on the body as well.

my plan is going natty for a while and going lighter on the weights and faster workouts, but no one can hold me to that cause I still have that urge to go heavy. all in all I keep a close eye on my body fat and won't ever let it go over 14.5%.

right now i'm at 13.3% which is higher than it was when i started this cycle. i was actually 12% on the dot .. i tend to drop fat off cycle and put it on during no matter what i run

im 50 yrs old and wish like hell i woulda backed off on the weight yrs ago. i have severe arthritus in my rt hip and need a hip replacement, no more squatting for me. and about 2 months ago i herniated a disk in my back rowing 150lb db's. i am 2 wks post surgery. do yourself a huge favor and drop the heavy squats for 6 and start repping lighter weights. i bet your legs will grow even more than they did with the heavy sets. good job and good luck............

Top Bottom