Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Figuring Things out for Once

DeterminedFatty

Greetings,

I've been decently physically active for the majority of my life, but I haven't been a gym rat per se. I'm currently 5'8 and probably about 205lbs...I think I'm somewhere between 20% and 25% body fat.

I've been in the military for the past 8 years. When I first joined I was 160lbs and super lean with very little muscle. I stayed that way for the first two years but then I got introduced to body building. I was doing a 5 day on, 1 day off rotation for almost a year. I put on some muscle and was in the best shape of my life.

Then I got married...I kept all the weight and lost all of the muscle. When I was younger it was easy to ignore the diet and cardio...but now I know that's where I have to start. I'm trying to hit cardio for 30min a day and get a clean diet going. The cardio is pretty easy...just hit the streets and treadmill and go for it. However, the diet is my struggle.

It sounds stupid, but I often find myself eating something that's not healthy. I realize after I ate it that I shouldn't have. It's like I forget about my diet until I screw it up. Of course, the wife grocery shopping and getting all of the goodies doesn't help either.

But I'm going to change that. Any advice or input you have would be greatly appreciated. I dont care too much about building an excess amount of muscle right now. I seriously want to slim down...I'm tired of being the fat military guy.

One of the smartest things I ever did in life was hire a nutritionist. I've worked with 2 guys over the last few years & it has made a world of difference.

The tricky part is finding one who's qualified. Not someone who's been hired by the local gym, not on-line.

It may take some, OK a lot of research....but a good nutrition guy/gal is worth their weight in gold.

Top Bottom