Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Fighting skills

endpoint

Lately i have been, the target of some violence......i have handled myself, pretty well (pretty well for a non violent person.....who hasnt until now, thrown punches.......just took em)

I want to ad some sort of training for fighting skills (dont know if a martial art or boxing/kick boxing)

My new program is essentially a powerlifting one.

three days a week one day for each lift, with assistance exercises for the lift.
1:squat+assistance
2:eek:ff
3:bench+ assistance
4:eek:ff
5:deadlift+assistance
6:eek:ff
7:eek:ff.

I might place it on the 6th day......but im not quite sure.

since i have never trained with fighting skills.......i dont know what to expect...

are there any ramifications for having a day for fighting work in a powerlifting program like this?
will it make my strength go backwards?

anyone recomend a style of martial art? I know a lot of things affect what style you choose. but im not very agile, graceful, or quick on my toes. Im not very small......
I might go down to the training centre and see what they recomend.

wow......i didnt even plan to have that smily face thing there.....they just came up

Last edited:
Reactions: Cut
I really don't think martial arts will affect your workouts negatively at all. Actually I think it complements each other quite well.

As for suggestions I think your best bet is to go with what interests you. You will probably get 10 different answers from 10 different people. That being said you might want to look into something like judo or ju-jitsu (sp?) where your size can be used as an advantage and since most fights end up on the ground anyways. Look into whats available in your area and see from there.

ive been taking karate since i was 6 years old, got my blackbelt at 14, quit at 15. Yeah i am 16 years old now and i am an undefeated street fighter, haven't ever lost a fight yet. i'm 5'7" 158 lbs so i look like i can't fight for shit. Yeah think again, since starting the gym this guy that was like 6'2" and id say 180 or so, started a fight with me and i was like "bring it", took a punch at me and missed and i just rammed him in the stomach with a left punch, fell to the ground, fight over.
So basically the gym makes fighting so much fun! u can take guys so much bigger than you and they won't expect it coming. ;)

I will be def. going back to karate when im done with HS, or maybe even kickboxing, looks real fun.

KARATE IS SHIT!! A GOOD STREET(PIT) FIGHTER CAN WHIP A KARATE MANS ASS!(ask me how I know) WATCH A COUPLE OF UFC's AND TELL ME HOW GOOD KARATE IS IN A REAL FIGHT? IF YOU WANT SOMETHING TO HELP, TAKE UP BOXING!!!

Top Bottom