Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

equalizing arm strength for bench

SC1

I've been using the westside style for 3 weeks now to try to increase my bench. I have a speed day, and I chose to max out on the incline bench ( 335lbs ) and my current max is 375 lbs on the flat. Things are going good right now but what always does me in on my sticking point is my right arm (I'm a lefty) during a max try.

Any suggestions on how to remedy this??

I'm not a powerlifter. Just a personal goal to try to bench 4 plates at 200lbs. I'm probably about 219lbs@13%.

thanks,
SC

Triceps triceps triceps...and then some more triceps. Dumbell extensions would probably be the best for a muscle imbalance.

The addition of chains or bands to speed day would help greatly to. Teach you to accelerate the bar through the sticking point.

powerlifterjay said:
Hey Hannibal, do you compete? And if so what part of Fl you from?

Jay, sorry I didn't get back to you. I have not competed yet. If everything goes as planned I'm looking to compete in the Southern States meet in Daytona in Dec. Planning to attend the June 2nd meet at Daytona...just to watch. Right now I'm at 240 and I would like to compete in the 242's or 275's(preferably due to leverage). We'll see what happens.

I'm in Jacksonville BTW...how bout you...down south???? When are you set to compete again??

I am in Lakeland Fl. My next three lift is also the southern states in Dec. Did the last 2 yrs there at 220. Hope to go mid 1900's in Dec. But my next meet is the APA bench Nationals Aug 18th. Hoping to go around 575lbs, at 242. But am nursing a little shoulder injury righ tnow. So well see. thats why i am not doing next weekend. So the rest of my team decided not too except a couple, so i will bet there next weekend in Daytona to help my buddies. we'll see ya there.

Top Bottom