Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Equal and insulin spike

Shinobi

Does equal make an insulin spike? Im drinking a protein shake and 1 tbls flax before bed time with 0%sugar and taste like concrete! Its ok to add 1 equal?

Last edited:
From what I've read, it does in a small percentage of people. I don't know whether or not the amount of insulin spike that it presents in certain people is significant if your already drinking a protein shake.

chillin408 said:
From what I've read, it does in a small percentage of people. I don't know whether or not the amount of insulin spike that it presents in certain people is significant if your already drinking a protein shake.

Agreed. I always added a couple equals to my shakes and never had a problem. You should be ok.

the rumored spike from aspartame (which i think equal is?) is not very significant if your not on a keto diet. so i wouldnt fret, plus dont obses over some insuline before bed, there is nothing magic about 6 pm which makes all carbs turn to fat.

It shouldn't cause an insulin spike, its the aspartame that it contains that research is showing could be harmful.

hey i use alot of equal and splenda will that prevvent fat burning? i mean its nOT sugar so should i cut it out or not .i luv them

Equal is a trademark of the NutraSweet company. while aspartamine is a component of Equal it is a non-nutritive sweetner. the main ingredients in Equal are dextrose with maltodextrin.

missy..FYI

Splenda contains Sucralose which is low glycemic. Splenda also contains nutrivitve carbs coming from dextrose and maltodextrin.

when protein is metabolized in the absence of carbs and fats it can trigger enough of a rise insulin to promote fat storage.

Top Bottom