Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

End of Cycle - Moving to TRT need help

holy ghost said:
again good posts
agreed. TRT is alot more than a shot a week and forget it...but it seems worth it when compared to the alternative (for those who really need it)

low-dose clomid is another option worth looking into...

r1 said:
BTW-I'd be tempted to try to come off at some point because in a lot of men, low Test is not a root-cause problem. It's a symptom of something else like adrenal fatigue or low thyroid function. When my kids can sleep through the night and my job isn't as demanding, I might try it someday. I tried to go off of HRT about a year ago and failed. However, I did not know about thryroid or adrenal problems then.

R1

yeah, great info r1... thanks for sharing... but lets say you start HRT... you get on it for a couple of years and then decide to get off because of the complexity and not able to find your sweet spot... when you come off, will you have done damage OR can you revert right back to where you were before you went on? Also what is one of those good HRT sites you mentioned earlier?

Last edited:
What do they do for testing adrenal fatigue? Isn't that more of a condition that they think may or may not exist and truly no way to test for it? Of course they can test cortisol levels, but how do we truly know when or if the adrenals are stressed out?

As for the rest I appreciate the input. It's definitely a lot to think about in terms of consistent and constant health maintenance.

I'm not sure what my brain was doing when I wrote down 250mg per week. I think I was thinking of 250mg/ml of enanthate for some reason. I have seen the protocol for HRT including the HCG dosing as well.

Aside from going through an HRT clinic, I think I would go with my primary doc first, how often are you have those panels done?

I know there are many kits to do home testing of the aforementioned hormones....is that a viable alternative to going through the doctor? Or is monitoring my own levels and making adjustments based on those results over my head? Clearly if any complication arise I would need to (and would without hesitation) bring all that forward to my doctor.

What do you think bro?

r1 said:
250mg/week is far from TRT, bro. Like double.

Typical dosage that works for 90% of men is 100mg/week. 100mg/week (day 1) + HCG - human chorionic gonadotropin - - human chorionic gonadotropin - - human chorionic gonadotropin - 250iu 2x per week (days 6 and 7) puts me at the top of the normal range.

TRT is a lifelong commitment. Although I am happy with my regimen, to be honest, I would rather be healthy and not need it. The implications of TRT are serious because so many things are involved. On a cycle, you don't worry about things like long-term aromatase activity, DHEA, pregnenolone, lipid profiles, adrenal fatigue, thyroid function, etc...since you're doing the cycle for a small amount of time (12-15 weeks usually). All of that shit that I just mentioned becomes a reality when you're on "forever" and let me tell you, it can be a pain in the ass to deal with.

Like I said, I'm happy with what I got, but it's been a long and hard struggle.

R1

The best advice I can give is to print out Dr John's "Recipe for success" from http://www.allthingsmale.com and then take that to your doc.

If your doc is willing to follow that, you're in good hands. If not, find a new doc.

Home testing is great if your state allows it. NY and CA generally do not (I am in CA), so I have to go through a doctor. I get tested every 4-6 weeks and most of the time, I am making adjustments along the way.

If you have enough knowledge about the process, you can self-medicate, but gettings labs to make sure you're doing it right can be problematic without insurance.

R1

BTW-The thing that drove me to TRT is sex drive. When I was in college and my mid/late 20's, I needed it every day and got pissed off if I didn't get it. 30's rolls around and I could care less...I hated it.

Now I feel like I'm back in college again, but staying in "the zone" is an ongoing process. Now, it is worth it...most days.

R1

I'm right there with you bro. My thyroid is good though. But from 15-20 or so I could have sex multiple times in succession (and wanted it all the time) and now I don't care all that much. Except for the first couple weeks on cycle. Then I am poking holes in everything around me.

Thanks for the advice bro.

r1 said:
BTW-The thing that drove me to TRT is sex drive. When I was in college and my mid/late 20's, I needed it every day and got pissed off if I didn't get it. 30's rolls around and I could care less...I hated it.

Now I feel like I'm back in college again, but staying in "the zone" is an ongoing process. Now, it is worth it...most days.

R1

you will know if 250 is enough about 6-8 weeks after your normal "cycle"

so dont form an opinion until you cleared that time.

Even when you come off a cycle and roll into trt/hrt though you wont "crash" super hard but you will feel it.

HRT for many is between 250 -400 a week and blood test will be integral to measure just how much of it si wroking in you. SO go by feel and Tests

Top Bottom