Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Elite Chickadees - another Must-Have supplement for ya...

Debu said:
Cornholio - I did get FAT when I added 1-2 Tablespoons to my diet. I had 150g of carbs, and 120-150proteins. Perhaps I should have cut out the carbs?

Did you factor in that flaxseed oil is a fat? A good fat that you need, but still need to factor it in your total fat/calorie consumption. As for manipulating your carb/protein ratios, everyone's different. I generally do 50% carb/30% pro /20% fat. Sometimes I might up the pro and lower the carbs, but never less than 20% fat 95% of which is "healthy" fat.

Great thread. I had no idea that flax seed oil had so many different benefits. My fiance told me about it, he had been telling me for a while that I really needed some good fat in my diet so I recently bought some. Mine tastes really yucky:( Not so much right away, but after I drink it, it leaves a nasty after-taste. I've been trying to think of ways to make it better... adding it to my protein shakes has helped. I was taking a tablespoon of it a day, since thats what it said on the bottle... I weigh about 115, and after reading this thread i suppose i should be taking more than that. Also, mine wasn't refrigerated when I bought it, should i go buy a new one??

I just wonder how important supplements are. Not to take anything away from them at all...but is Flax See Oil really gonna be the make or break of how I look or perform? I just can't see spending money on something that MIGHT give me a small boost.

Thoughts?

B True

Originally posted by Audacious1 ]
I was gonna start a post asking this, but this seems to be the place to ask...what about actual whole flax seeds?...are they the same as taking the oil? I bought a bag of flax seeds and put them in with my chicken or eggs when cooking. Am i getting the full benefits from the whole seeds? I would think so b/c flax oil is just made from crushing up the seeds.
-------------------------------------------------------------

I buy the seeds at my local health food store...I THROW THEM INTO EVERYTHING I COOK!

Keep them in the fridge as well!

b fold the truth said:
I just wonder how important supplements are. Not to take anything away from them at all...but is Flax See Oil really gonna be the make or break of how I look or perform? I just can't see spending money on something that MIGHT give me a small boost.

Thoughts?

B True

Flax is one of those things, like ALA that will has numerous benefits. I think it is very important as one diets down to cut up or enter a show.

It's ability to act almost as an anti-oxidant to decrease healing time for numerous training type injuries would most definitely help performance.

Last edited:
Shehulk - I don't like the aftertaste from it either and I can taste it when I add it to a shake. I mix it with a bit of vinegar and some different kinds of salts and use it as a dressing on salad and vegetables. It even makes it easier to get a tablespoon of it down.

Temple01 said:
Shehulk - I don't like the aftertaste from it either and I can taste it when I add it to a shake. I mix it with a bit of vinegar and some different kinds of salts and use it as a dressing on salad and vegetables. It even makes it easier to get a tablespoon of it down.

Cinnamon flavored flax seed oil by Spectrum Essentials...TRUST ME on this one..it tastes good..i drink it from the bottle.

NYM - I am going to order some of that. The salad dressing is good but you can only take so much of that before it gets to be a bit much.

Temple01 said:
NYM - I am going to order some of that. The salad dressing is good but you can only take so much of that before it gets to be a bit much.

the cinnamon flax is great for low/no carb dieting, cause u can add it to plain whey and water and make it taste good and have no carbs.

SheHuLK said:
Great thread. i suppose i should be taking more than that. Also, mine wasn't refrigerated when I bought it, should i go buy a new one??

As long as you account for the increase in fat calories by replacing them with the flax, you shouldn't have any problems.

Hmmmmmm.....my flax has virtually no taste. I bought mine refigerated.

You guys look at the expiry dates on the bottles.

Now MCT - they taste like ass.

Top Bottom