Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Elbows and skull crushers

Benzi

ANyone else have a problem with elbow strain/pain when doing skull crushers? If so, what so you do to replace them.
Also, what are you favorite mass builind tri excercises?

i used to get this problem

it got to a point i stopped doing them for about a month, after that i altered the angle slightly, more like 45 degrees now, that way the joint doesnt take all the weight, the muscle does. if you do them vertically, if that makes sense, all the weight bears down on the joint.

i dont know if this helps at all but i dont get the problem now

How close do you let the bar get to your face?
If you are worried about your elbows, don't let the bar go far past parallel with the floor on the way down.

Also, if you use the preacher curl bar try using inside or outside grips to vary it up a bit, I've found the different grips stress the elbows a little differently.

Liberator said:
i used to get this problem

it got to a point i stopped doing them for about a month, after that i altered the angle slightly, more like 45 degrees now, that way the joint doesnt take all the weight, the muscle does. if you do them vertically, if that makes sense, all the weight bears down on the joint.

i dont know if this helps at all but i dont get the problem now

Exactly. This is also a better way to do them in general. The tricep is working a little harder and it's easier on the joint.

But if it's really hurting your joints, like Lib says, stay off it a while.

thanks for the advice guys. I will stay off it for a while and then try it at 45 degress with different grips.
:D

I've seen guys do skullcrushers on incline and decline benches. Is that just to make it easier to pick up/put down the bar or is there another reason for it?

Top Bottom