Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Effects Of L-ARGININE Postworkout

MonStar1023

Thought this study would interest many of you..

Dr. John Ivy, Ph.D, of the University of Texas, conducted research on the effect of amino acid l-arginine on post-exercise recovery. Arginine helps stimulate pancreas to release insulin, and is also known to be important for muscle metabolism. Dr. Ivy studied the effects on the rate of muscle glycogen synthesis after exercise. Carbohydrate-arginine supplementation increased muscle-glyocgen replenishment by 35% more than carbohydrate alone. Ivy concluded that arginine, when added to carbohydrate, makes more glucose available for glycogen production. It produces this effect by increasing the use of fat, rather than glucose, as an energy source after exercise. Simply put, arginine makes glycogen replenishment more efficient.

The results of this study is important to anyone who works out regularly.. to take arginine with your postworkout nutrition. I have been doin it for a few years now with great results and many still question how effect arginine is. Strength-training coach Charles Poliquin swears by 2000 mg. of l-arginine postworkout and this study goes to show that once again, he knows what hes talking about.

:cool::cool:

how about pre-workout? I find that it "wakes" up my muscles. I feel stronger and more energetic. I also take it with glutimine (500g)

Top Bottom