Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Effects of alcohol consumption on diet?

shadows

Being young and a typical college kid, I'm prone to do some binge drinking on weekends. I know beer has a massive amount of carbs in them, so I've been staying away from that. Previously I would take down maybe a dozen or so beers in one night, usually late at night.

Is taking a few shots of a hard alcohol better overall, for the same, desired effect ;) than beer? Should I quit altogether?

I heard it seriously screws with your metabolism. Any knowledge on this would be appreciated.

A half rack a night? God I miss college. I don't know whether to yell at you or shake your hand.

If you're trying to lose weight, beer is out, period. If you must drink, straight hard stuff will have the least effect on your diet, but it will be much tougher on your body in different ways. It's simple my friend, if you want to get in shape, you can't drink like a college kid.

Gotcha. In what ways would it be tougher, regarding the hard alcohol?

I'll try to limit it to once every 2 weeks or so. Maybe on my cheat day.

Alcohol severely hampers the proper digestion of proteins and habitual use lowers test levels. Alcohol also has a negative glycemic effect and can lead to excess fat storage.

if your gonna do it to distilled liquor( whiskey, vodka, rum, gin) with diet soda= ZERO CARBS
kozmocramer had a good post on it a while back

if ya have to, use the hard stuf straight, or with a diet beverage.

I'm in university too, and I know it's difficult to not drink with your mates.

Hey how come all you Americans call university college?

I'm a college kid too, but when I go out i limit myself to 2 Light beers once or twice a week at the bars......

Believe or not Guinness is one of the lower calorie beers at 100 cals or so a glass.....stouts are thicker but lighter in cals....plus i love Guinness...

Amstel Light, Sam Adams Light, and Miller Light are all 100 cals or so per beer......and all are fairly good........

Furthermore, most of the cals are not from carbs (most beers have 6-12 g per beer).....the cals are from the alchohol.

Of course, if your have 10-20 beers like most of my friends, it's still 1000-2000 cals.....I can schedule in 200 cals into my total intake, but anything more I won't do....I like food better.....and alcohol is poison......

Be smart....drink light, if at all...

Top Bottom