Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

ECA and BP?

slowgain

Hey guys currently I'm doing animalbolics diet and during the day I take an eca sack actually to be more precise I'm taking ergolean. Which has synephedrine and ephedrine. Well anways I took my Bp four times, it was 139-140/50-60 and shockingly my pulse was 48(low) I then took the reading this morning when I woke up before I took the eca and it was 120/55 and my pulse was 39(lower). I've never really taken my Bp or pulse so I don't have a baseline but do those numbers sound bad? Think I should drop the eca, or switch to something without the synephdrine which constricts blood vessels?

So far on non training days I've droped the carbs down. I do the morning and mid day the same with a couple peices of fruit and enough meat to avoid going catabolic and then the meal that would normally be postworkout contains fewer carbs and no sugars, since I don't need to replenish glycogen. I think my non training days have come up a few calories short of my goal bmr so maybe I'll spread out some low GI carbs throughout the day to assist recovery.

Average BP is around 120/80, as far as I know. But then there is "normal for you" BP. Some people are naturally a bit lower than 120/80, while a reading as high as 140/90 can be acceptable if it's not constant. Your BP sounds all right, but coupled with such a low pulse, you sound dehydrated. The resting pulse is usually between 50 and 90 beats per minutes, but your pulse is really low in comparison to your blood pressure. Does your pulse rate jump significantly when you stand up from a sitting positioin or do you get dark spots or dizzy spells upon standing? If so, you may need more water and electrolytes. That could explain such a low pulse - particularly on ECA, which should raise your heartbeat a little bit.

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice Brishen, it may have been the electrolytes or the cheap ass blood pressure cuff I was using but all seems well now 118/59 and pulse is 53. I do still have a fairly low pulse anyways but I attribute to all the running I do. I'm a 400m runner for a Div 3 college.

Adults HR is about 60-100 beats per min. But in the trained athlete a slower resting pulse is great. Your heart doesnt have to work so hard. And if you get dizzy when you stand up that is call orthostatic hypotension. Your circulatory volume may be low , so drink up the water. But during that time your HR would go up for a short time to keep your organs perfused. OR dizzyness (sp) can be from low blood sugar

You might want to stop the ECA stack

I know someone who suffers from a condition known as vasodepressor syncope. He is on toprol to control this. Essentially it can be characterized by a lowered blood pressure and pulse which can cause him to pass out. Toprol is a beta antagonist ... we know ephedrine is a beta agonist. I would say your pulse -- if taken correctly is dangerously low. I would discontinue this product and wait a few days, get another baseline, compare and go from there. It could be aggravating a previous health condition you have.

NFG

Top Bottom