Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Eating to grow - On a Budget

incurab1e

Ok, so i have a pretty limited budget at the moment.

I was wondering what foods/meals people have found to be useful, and cheap.

Buying protein powders can be expensive, but i am going to get some. What should i look for?

Thanks

Cans of tuna and salmon, I always look in the deli sections of the grocery ads for who has deli turkey on sale. Cottage Cheese is ultra-inexpensive. Wal-mart always seems to have those frozen 5oz Salmon portions on sale for $1.00 a piece. If you eat a lot of egg whites, buy the whole eggs rather than the egg substitutes and seperate the yolks. At $0.99 a dozen, its cheaper than $2.99 for the equivalent of 8 eggs you would get with Egg-beaters. Sometimes you can catch the egg substitutes on sale, you can freeze egg whites up to six months, so stock up! Canned fruits can help too, just look for stuff in extra-light syrup or juice. Mandarin oranges are relatively cheap, also generic Ruby red grapefruit sections. If you aren't afraid of multi-grain breads, get your breads at the day-old store and freeze it.

For low-cal or low G.I. veggies, yellow squash, sweet potatoes, zucchini and broccoli are cheaper than let's say asparagus. Get dried beans instead of canned. Buy the 2.5 lb bags of chicken breasts. I know they add broth, but at 8.99 for 2.5lb its a helluva lot cheaper than 4.99/lb.

Invest in a small chest type deep freeze, when you see buy one/get one or two meat sales, stock up and freeze it.

Try shopping at Sams or Costco. I save a lot by buying for 2-3 weeks in bulk. Just stay away from their protein as it has gum in it and gets very thick.

pastas, broccoli, tuna, cheap chicken fillets. that's what i always did and stayed in shape

Im not sure of the price on these but some other options are:

Oatmeal
Cottage Cheese
Egg Whites - 50g protein per container
Black Beans
Rice
Tuna

Thanks!

Although i'm in the Uk, we don't have many Walmarts over here....... yet!

I have bought a load of stuff as per your suggestions,, in bulk - cooked all in bulk and frozen, easy for the week then - Cheerz!!

Also, All this eating is making me windy :)

incurab1e said:
Thanks!

Although i'm in the Uk, we don't have many Walmarts over here....... yet!

I have bought a load of stuff as per your suggestions,, in bulk - cooked all in bulk and frozen, easy for the week then - Cheerz!!

Also, All this eating is making me windy :)

Heh, very American of me to assume you are American. Glad its working out, and yes, a high protein diet initially makes you very windy!

Top Bottom