Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

eating right at work

bunni

I don't really eat too well when I'm at work. I work a 12 hr day in a kennel with about fifty barking dogs and it's cage free. In other words I'm very busy. I eat only once during that whole 12 hr period and I know thats not good. should I bring a shake or some supplement bars? if so how many? or should I just stick with that one meal all day?

thanks again

bunni

gosh... if i only had 1 meal in 12 hours i'd be eating those damn dogs :D

you need to eat... every 2-3 hours for your body to function optimally... shakes or bars are OKAY if you cannot get proper food... if your too busy to take care of yourself how are you going to function properly... this isn't a "diet" its a lifestyle and you have to make a conscious and deliberate choice to do this for the betterment of yourself... when you are eating better you'll probably find that you have more energy and are more efficient in your workplace...

prepare you meals the nite before or on the weekend... put them in small plastic containers and eat throughout the day

chicken breasts, tuna, green veggies, potatoes, sweet potatoes, in short, clean, healthy proteins, carbs and fats... use the bars/shakes to supplement, but make small frequent meals the staple of your nutritional intake...

Hi Bunni, Phem is right on target!!:D I prepare all my meals the night before and carry them in a small cooler. I just LOVE those new Ziplock disposable/reusasable containers!!:p I also buy those bags of Starkist Tuna (Albacore). They have them in 3oz and 7oz bags:)

It takes a little planning to figure out how to pack and how much fits in the cooler. I've got it down to 2 sandwich size tupperware containers for somethign like a meat (chicken, ground turkey, tofu) and a spinach salad and some brown rice mixed in with some zero fat/carb dressing and the other is usually tuna (albacore in water, drained) w/ mustard and broccoli, all of that covered in zero fat/carb honey mustard dressing. If I eat it cold, I can pre-mix a teaspoon of flax oil in it. If I nuke it before eating, then I'll carry a plastic bottle of flax oil in the cooler. If I want some change from brown rice, I also pre-slice about 3 oz sweet potatoe and nuke it at work. Only use pepper as seasoning. I also carry a plastic bottle w/ a top (not the kind w/ the straw -- too hard to keep clean) and a baggie w/ pre-measured zero carb Isopure protein mix + l-glutamine already in there. Just dump it in the plastic bottle and mix in some water. I also carry one of those nice little bottle shaped cooler things that you zip up the big bottled water in and it has a strap. I kill about 3 of those /day. I will also carry an extra apple, another baggie of protein mix and maybe a protein bar if I have to work late or start starving at some point. I keep back up oatmeal, tuna, mustard & diet coke, along w/ my Ripped Fuel, of course, at work. I've also premade scrambled egg whites maybe with some ground turkey or that soy burger stuff, along w/ some brown rice & tamari sauce or soy sauce (low sodium), and nuke that at work.

Then I also have enough room for 2 of those freezer packs so I don't have to keep it all in a refrigerator. This way I'm completely self-sufficient all day. I pound down my oatmeal & egg whites or protein mix before I go to work.

Its not exciting but it works for me!

When I'm being good and I am being very good from now on!!!!

I shop on thursday night marinate chicken breasts in whatever I think will taste good until saturday or sunday and then cook all my meals for the week on sunday put them in tupperware and load them in the freeezer and then pull them out the night before to defrost... then do it all again... I'll make a big salad in a bowl and cover it with a wet paper towel... do that twice a week...
apples, fresh veggies etc...all cut and ready to go with me in containers in the fridge.... and then the usual store of "oh crap i left all of it on the kitchen table" stuff in my cube...tuna some spices myoplex etcc..

Bunni,

I prepare my meals once or twice a week, and leave some protein powder at work just in case I forget something. It was really strange to start eating this way, but now it's totally routine and I save a bundly by not going out very much.

Also, be careful of low carb/high protein bars. If you read the fine print on MANY of them, you'll see something like "This product contains glycerine which is not a carbohydrate but has 4.32 calories per gram." I was eating about a box of these babees a week when I noticed that statement. I looked up glycerine only to find it's a sugar alcohol that actually does act like a carbohydrate. I could be wrong on this information, but I no longer trust all the health foods. I'll never know what they might be hiding in there. Nothing beats natural sources of protein!

BTW, this is my first time posting and I'm thrilled to finally have a trusted source where I can read about FEMALE bb and health!

:: mUsKLeS ::

Top Bottom