Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Eating on keto diet.

Kraftschlag

This is the diet that's always worked best for me, eating NO CARBS, lot's of protein, and moderate fat; and a free carb day on a weekend day. I feel very energized on it(no joke) and after two or three days the carb cravings dissapear. Anyways, I've decided to start it again, but my problem is WHAT TO EAT. What is there that's pure protein, no carbs, and little fat that's simple to eat throughout the day? Before I could live off of chicken breasts, pork chops, and steaks.. now I have school most of the week all day.. I can't exactly bring a steak to school. I was thinking of maybe preparing some chicken in the morning, cutting it up into small pieces, and bringing it to school in tupperware.. but that's kind of limited. Anyways, I'd love some suggestions that don't include protein powder or bars.. I prefer meat over processed randomness. Oh and I don't need my diet criticized, it works fine for me.. I would just like some suggestions for pure protein stuff to eat that's portable and goes down nicely.

I just pack it up in tupperware and bring it to work.

Or run to the supermarket and buy a full cooked chicken.

NO carb, portable food is a pain in the ass. Short of cooked food in tupperware and baggies and hard boiled eggs, your choices are kind of limited. Jerkey has _some_ carbs and lots of sodium. cans of tuna are incredibly convenient. I find it almost impossible to make it though a no-carb day without a shake or bar. Smoked salmon is one of my favoritest snacks. Thats what sustains me.

Get some individual mozzerella sticks. Maybe some pepperoni too. Once in ketosis, try some walnuts and pecans. There's more, but off the top of my head that's what I've got.

i actually find prot+fat meals easier to take with me. just like u said precook some chicken steak turkey make small portions pack in tupperware and off u go. Taking brown rice or pasta veg etc is much more of a pain.

What also works well is taking a can of tuna mixing in a tbl spoon of flax and ur good to go for one meal

Other than canned tuna, chicken breast, protein bars and turkey, I really can't think of anything else that is pure protein and good to bring to school or work.

Things I like to bring to work with me:

Chopped turkey, chopped celery, choped onions, and choped eggs mixed well in a bowl with mayo (add pepper if you like). Very tasty, easy to make and very low in carbs. Just throw it in a container and youre good to go.

Bacon Puffs (pork rinds) - I found BBQ flavored ones at Walmart that are decent. Simply open the bag and munch away.

Cheese is probably my favorite low carb snack. Chop it up into cubes and youre set.

Top Bottom