Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Eating b4 Bedtime???

madmitch said:

I guess this way of eating is to try and prevent catabolism. If your body goes for too long without food it will go into a catabolic state in which it will increase cortisol levels and start stripping away your muscle.

It might also help with fat loss long-term by keeping leptin levels up -- there are a few studies which suggest such an approach might be fruitful for that purpose.

BTW, good post about cortisol and abdominal fat. Alpha2 receptors likely play a strong role as well.

Hannibal said:
Just to add to what the Agent said...your protein choice before bedtime should be one with a slow release into the bloodstream. The best choice would be some form of Caseinate instead of a fast acting compound such as Hydro Whey 520. Hope it helps.

I always eat 1 cup of lowfat cottage cheese and a whey protein shake before bed, its only like 10 carbs! and lots of good protein.

I used to have a can of tuna or a can of chicken (depending on my mood) like 30 min before I went to bed. After pursuasion from this board, I changed that to a can of tuna (or chicken) and 1 tbsp of PB to slow the digestion. And I made it 1 hour before bed.

Top Bottom