Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Early morning workout question

joltman

I have a pretty tight schedual so some days I have to go the gym early in the morning.
My question for the board is this:
If I usually do 3*8@225lbs on excersize X.
And when I do the very same excersize in the morning I can only do 3*8@180lbs. This is because I just cant lift as heavy in the morning.
Is this still optimal for building muscles, I mean I go as heavy as I can but it isnt as heavy as if I would have gone to the gym in the afternoon.

my morning workouts are pretty bad too...I really dont think its optimal for muscle building when your so tired....but, Ive been told once your more used to early am training-- its alot better :)

I actually have a better workout in the mornings before work than I do on a Saturday afternoon with more food in my tummy...but that is just me. Backlash has to get up extra early and eat something before we workout in the morning...

I have always prefered working out in the morning. I feel that I have more energy then. Do you drink alot of fluids before you go to the gym? Just a little dehydration, as is common overnight while you are asleep, will reduce your abilities. Try drinking at least a liter of water when you get up and another cup or two when you get to your gym and see if it makes a difference.

wlhosch said:
I have always prefered working out in the morning. I feel that I have more energy then. Do you drink alot of fluids before you go to the gym? Just a little dehydration, as is common overnight while you are asleep, will reduce your abilities. Try drinking at least a liter of water when you get up and another cup or two when you get to your gym and see if it makes a difference.

I already do that. :) :/

it takes a lil time for your body to get used to the new workout time.
after a while your body will be used to morning workouts

d3track said:
it takes a lil time for your body to get used to the new workout time.
after a while your body will be used to morning workouts

Ive been doing theese morning workouts for some time now, still I cant press/lift/push/pull as much as in the afternoon. Someone said that testlevels are lower in the morning.

Its not that im tired, I just cant lift as heavy as in the afternoon.

One more idea. I have two tablespoons of MCT (medium chain triglycerides) when I get up and it seems to help me have more energy when I get to my gym about 20 minutes later.

Top Bottom