Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Drop eggs from diet before competition?

Some people are just plain allergic to egg whites, and bloating can definitely be a symptom of this. But if JJ is eating egg whites now and not having a bloating prob, then she obviously doesn't have a very serious allergy to them. Same goes for almost any food (including the infamous dairy products and wheat). There will always be a portion of people that have a reaction to certain foods, and lactose, wheat, soy and egg whites are amongst the most common foods to trigger these allergies. You should see what tofu does to wilson6!!!!!!

Anybody know where I can get some clambutteroil? I want to get ripped for a party next weekend.

RE: eggs pre comp --- not sure if its the sodium content --- for my pre comp prep I stuck pretty religiously to chicken & flax oil. For one show, I actually ate only boiled chicken & flax for the last 3 days. (Um.... YUK.)

Which of these Tea3's can I take without messing up my thyroid? My source has Earl Grey, Chamomile, and Jasmine. IP has a lot of different kinds, but you never know with him - they could all be Spearmint. :rolleyes:

I really wish I could weigh in on the egg/sodium issue, but I don't eat them. I cut out dairy and up my soy intake when I want to drop water quick.

I don't think the eggs should be a problem. Believe me, I was eating a LOT of whites very close to my last comp. Didn't seem to affect my look - but it's not something I'll ever ever do again - the gross-out factor was just way too high for my liking. I've decided to just deal with more hunger this time and stick to soy.

Man, it was gross - eugh!!! When bulking season hits I'm going heavy on the protein cycling, and I'm gonna eat more cottage cheese and milk :)

Egg whites are definitely much higher in sodium than chicken breasts (for the same amount of protein). However if it is just a sodium issue, then cutting out egg whites a couple of days precomp will do the trick. No need to cut them out earlier than this. If someone has a genuine allergy to egg whites then they should just avoid them altogether!

And MAN it's hard to get adequate protein from just egg whites. I can imagine the gag-factor would be pretty high!!!!!!

Hydroxycut will get you as ripped as Lee Priest.

I just love those Hydroxycut ads - always good for a laugh.

Back to eggs - my game plan is to only eat chicken and clean EFAs Thursday and Friday before the show. I'm really excited about that prospect; just can't wait to eat plan old dry chicken breasts for two days. And I just LOVE flaxseed oil. Based on your input, I am going to drop out the eggs, but just during those two days.

Top Bottom