Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Drink it VS eat it

Devon1299

High End Bro
Platinum
I find myself in the food store with my mom. I walk on over to the area that is packed with creatine, pills, and vitamins. She blurts out "no way in hell" I try to explain to her that I just want some soy protein to aid in my protein consumption.
I'm eating a good diet right now. about 4 meals a day, and it is hard for me to eat. I'm 122 pounds right now. Oddly, I can drink a straight gallon of water over a 5 minute period, but have problems eating two sandwhiches. I tell my mom that I need to gain weight, this being at 122 pounds sucks. She also claims that putting on any weight is just going to hinder your tennis and soccer abilities. She straight out, 100% will no allow me to take any kind of pills, powders or anything that ressembles a supplement.
What can I do? I can not gain weight! Over the past 4 weeks now, of lifting every other night, I've put on 7 pounds (first week of gorging food). Anyone have any thoughts on food that I can stuff myself with?

how old are u? 15,16? well u can hide it from her, but if shes gonna get all freaked out about then ill advice u not to.....yets see, a way to eat more but no powders.....
well u can always eat more cheap foods u can get your hands on. at 120 some odd lbs i would be stuffing my face with pizza,ice cream, rice,chicken anything i could. but im not 120 and no where near that so i have to eat less :( ....so i guess if u got any money form workin or what ever just buy cheap foods that are caloires dence..
hope i helped :fro:

Unless your not yet weened off of breast milk its time to
Stand up for yourself, if you want to buy some protein buy some protein.

Hmm if you can drink a gallon of water how about a gallon of milk instead?

Parents can be such a pain in the ass god damn!!!
Sit down with her and ask her it's what you want out of life. You want to be bigger, and that's just healthier, it ain't going to hinder shit. If you are bigger than 120lbs in soccer all that's gonna do is help, trust me. You are way too small for prolevel soccer, you get your ass beat down. You may have skill, but skill ain't shit against the power full and skillfull. Tell her that.
Unless you are 12, it is time for your mom to realize that you can do what you want with your life to a certain extent, and she should be glad you are opting for alifting lifestyle rather than, say, a pothead lifestyle.

Tell her that.

What can she say? I mean she already lets you lift. Also tell her that it will save her some money on real food as powders are cheaper than 20 chicken breasts a day.

Tell her that too.

It's worth a try buddy.
Good luck
bl00d

This sounds like a common problem, remember my friend, ignorance is bliss and most of older people have no idea about supplements or anything else in the "workout world" that we live in. Since, your mom freaks out when you buy supplements, all I can tell you is Don't buy them my friend, you are under her roof and rules are rules. Try consuming 1 gallon of milk a day (if she asks why, say your coach said milk is calcium and it's good for your bones, I'm sure she'll fall for that)..GET WHOLE MILK...then, eat a bunch of tuna with some potatoes, add ice cream for desert. See what kinds of foods are available to you in the fridge and go from there.

Remember: There is a solution to every problem.

Mr.X :cool:

I hide supplements from my parents:) i used to hide creatine and eca and stuff, Protein powder parents knew about it,than one day my dad found my creatine pills and i said it just for strength everyone does it and than he just said fine,but he doesn't want me wasting $$$,so just get the cheap supplements and hide it:)

I'd also like to get an age estimate here. Although I am a big user of protein drinks, they are usually used just for their convenience and quickness that they possess to make and consume. If you know how to take advantage of your hormaonal system, then you can justify eating any food at the right times. Definately get some milk. You can use whole milk like MR. X mentioned or get nonfat-1% and add some all natural peanut butter. Other items are sweet potatos/yams, cottage cheese, cereal, chicken breasts, beef/red meat, fish, broccoli, green beans, fat-free chili, hell just look on any GI list and find foods with moderate GI's. then make sure you have some protein to go with those carbs. and use peanut butter and canola oil to get your fat requirements (flax oil if you can). Eat lots of vegetables like broccoli and green beans later in the day/night.

For a postworkout meal, try using grape juice. I usually take my bodyweight in kilograms and X it by 1.5. Therefore, you could take 120 pounds, which is 54.5, then multiply this by 1.5, and you will get ~82 grams of carbs to take in for your postworkout carb consumption. I know milk has a slow GI, but at this time, I can't think of anything else of how to get your protein. I usually take 30-50 percent of my daily protein intake at this meal. However, you might opt to just take in less and spread it more over the day. Try to find some protein to go with your carbs.

MR. BMJ

Top Bottom